Shorts

Options
It's getting hot here in Maine (finally!), but now is the dreaded time of year that I have to search for shorts that don't make me look like one of the Golden Girls and that actually fit. I'm psyched to be down a pants size, but I'm still plus-size, so it's hard to find cute shorts that fit. Bermudas look TERRIBLE on me, and I am not a bermuda girl anyway. But....this is why I'm here....so I can one day wear what I want, instead of what I have to. Off to Target...

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! I'm a huge fan of summer wrap dresses and comfy skirts. I'm not a girly-girl at all, they are just way more comfortable than cramming my body into restrictive denim and worrying that my girl parts might fall out if I squat down....

Target actually has some cute, cheap summer dresses, too. Good luck!!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was down with sundresses too when I was heavier (181 was my HW before MFP)
  • beautymama2011
    Options
    i used to have the same problem i would wear jeans all through the summer cuz i never found shorts that looked cute on me but i found out that i look really cute in board shorts or black swimming trunks and i usually wear a tank top with it and running shoes or flip flops and it looks cute <3 Good luck
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just hit my Goodwill the other day for four pair of shorts for 12 bucks...basic styles and didn't have to pay much while still losing a few more lbs.
  • morrisca
    morrisca Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm the same way. I gave up wearing shorts a few years ago and I don't even wear sundresses much because, although they are comfortable, the non-formfitting ends up making me look like I'm pregnant. The goal? By the end of the summer be able to wear a dress without someone asking me how many months I am!