Binge eaters?

Options
...that painful moment when you have to log a day just shy of 6000 calories. But I logged it anyway. Recovery from bulimia nervosa is a little rocky this week to be honest, and it is hard to sit here and not throw up in fear. Please tell me that I am not the only human being to have logged a crazy number of calories onto their MFP diary??!!

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're not...I feel your pain, hon...the good thing is, you're on the road to recovery...much love and good luck to you xo
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Logging all that, owning it, is huge! You are so brave and strong. And don't worry. Your body can't use all that and no way it will contribute to the gains you are fearing. It will pass through in the usual way.
  • Ochele
    Ochele Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Logging all that, owning it, is huge! You are so brave and strong. And don't worry. Your body can't use all that and no way it will contribute to the gains you are fearing. It will pass through in the usual way.

Best thing that you could have said. This too shall pass ;)
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree, logging it is a HUGE deal - way to go! I know it's so hard to take a deep breath and move on, but you can do this. This does not define you, you are amazing.
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You're brave, and you're strong. You'll get through it! Your body will regulate itself (it's pretty amazing like that!), and you'll feel better, physically and emotionally. That was yesterday, this is today, and tomorrow is a new day altogether. Onwards and upwards.
  • alistinkerbelll
    Options
    Good kn you for checking it- I never manage to. Good luck with the rest of it- tomorrow is a new day for everyone! I also struggle with the post bulimia binges... :/
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Binges suck period but way to go or logging it! You owned it...now move on like it never happened. Important thing is to make sure you don't make it a habit cause that is how you will see the gains. Hang in there!
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I think you're really strong to embrace yourself. I cannot log when i binge. Don't give up, I'm sure you will be better.
  • anitamw
    anitamw Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had days too where i must have eaten up to 4000 or 5000 calories and the sad thing is most of the time i wasn't even hungry or was already full but i just wanted to keep on eating because i believe that the day is already "spoiled" so what's another slab of cake or 6 more chicken wings... but i have never logged onto MFP on those days that i binge because i tell myself what's the point... and that's when the problem starts... 1 day binge becomes 2 days and then becomes 3 to 4 days to an entire week because when i don't log in i don't feel like i'm accountable to anything and i don't see how bad it is to do that to myself... so good on you for logging in because it's only when we see it in cold stark numbers of calories how much damage was done that we realise we have to do something about it
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

So true!
    Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. You can manage this. You are strong and capable. :)

• PattyRS77
    PattyRS77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm struggling with the same. I've failed so many times before just started again 6 days ago. I'm 5'3 with 76 lbs to lose.