Can I ever be back

Options
hi
I am a mother of two very young children, 4 and 2 and a half. Been struggling with my weight since I conceived my first. It's come to a point that it's not affecting my blood sugar and cholesterol . I don't eat anything unhealthy and keep under 900 calorie and day diet but cannot lose this extra weight. Please help me !

Replies

• sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    First off, 900 calories is way too low-you are starving yourself. Go up to 1200-1400 and you may see a change.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    shubhra76 wrote: »
    hi
    I am a mother of two very young children, 4 and 2 and a half. Been struggling with my weight since I conceived my first. It's come to a point that it's not affecting my blood sugar and cholesterol . I don't eat anything unhealthy and keep under 900 calorie and day diet but cannot lose this extra weight. Please help me !

how tall are you? and yes 900 calories sounds like a very low calories... what does MFP suggest for your daily calories?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing weight at 900 calories a day then you are not calculating intake correctly. You should be losing if you are actually eating 900 calories a day. Do you use a food scale?
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I also think you aren't eating enough, and your body is holding onto your intake calories for self preservation purposes. Like said before up your calorie count and I think you will start seeing progress.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    tcaley4 wrote: »
    I also think you aren't eating enough, and your body is holding onto your intake calories for self preservation purposes. Like said before up your calorie count and I think you will start seeing progress.

Nope. Starvation mode is a myth.
  • shubhra76
    shubhra76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks @tcaley4 ! I will try to do that and see!
  • shubhra76
    Options
    @Queenliz99 yes I have a food scale and I am counting the calories right but I guess I need to up my calories and see how that goes ! I am eating 100 gms of carbs and 80 gms of protein in my diet and have so far lost 3 pounds in a week!
  • shubhra76
    Options
    Hi @mousie1973 I am five foot two , MFP says 1200 but the doctor who is working with me has suggested under 1000 calories !??!
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Hi @mousie1973 I am five foot two , MFP says 1200 but the doctor who is working with me has suggested under 1000 calories !??!

Is your doctor actually a nutritionist? You would be shocked how stupid some doctors can be [one told me to keep taking an optional medication I was taking, even though I was showing severe allergic reactions].

Also, are you preparing for a surgery where you need SEVERE weight loss for?
  • shubhra76
    Options
    Not surgery! my BMI is 33 and I am trying to lose the baby weight that I gained after two pregnancies it's around 40 pounds and it's been so tough to get it off. So I have consulted a medical weight loss physician and she has devised a plan for me. I eat 850 calories a day just salads Greek y protein bars and shakes. After 12 days I have lost just 2 pounds ! Just heartbroken!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Not surgery! my BMI is 33 and I am trying to lose the baby weight that I gained after two pregnancies it's around 40 pounds and it's been so tough to get it off. So I have consulted a medical weight loss physician and she has devised a plan for me. I eat 850 calories a day just salads Greek y protein bars and shakes. After 12 days I have lost just 2 pounds ! Just heartbroken!

Really? You don't need to torture yourself like this. Eat a reasonable calorie goal for weight loss because what are doing is not sustainable at all. Use MFP as intended. You've got this!!
  • shubhra76
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thank you @queenliz99 !
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    There is no way at all why you should be eating so little, then. Just because you want to lose it quicker, does not mean it is healthy or sustainable. I've lost 45lbs, myself - don't worry, you don't have to go crazy to do it. Hell, I had pizza last night. xD; And booze.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It's called Ketosis and I do it too.