Bike commuters and the gym

Options
I commute to work via bike... I'm looking for suggestions for incorporating the gym before work, without having to haul too much extra clothes, bags, etc around. Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice for you, but kudos for cycling AND gym before your workday!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    How far away is your work from the gym? Could you ride there, workout and then change into your work clothes and either ride or walk the rest of the way without getting too sweaty?
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I ride to the gym 7 miles... then workout an hour then ride it home.. city and through the greenway. Awesome ride!! Way to go

When I ride bike to work it's 4.7 miles I just wear work clothes nothing fancy
    When I ride to gym..... same thing. Nothing fancy
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Can you rent a locker at the gym? You could bring a bag of clean clothes once a week, drop it there and have a plastic bag for dirties. At the end of the week haul it home and start over. that's only two trips with a bag on your back. good luck!
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Can you rent a locker at the gym? You could bring a bag of clean clothes once a week, drop it there and have a plastic bag for dirties. At the end of the week haul it home and start over. that's only two trips with a bag on your back. good luck!

+1 on the locker rental. You can keep clothes as well as shower stuff there and it really cuts down on the lugging around factor.