Hello Fresh

Options
Looking for any feedback on the "Hello Fresh" program.... I cook for just myself, and occasionally my mom. Produce, fresh herbs, and leftover meats often go bad before I / we can finish eating them. Of course, my meats and fish, i seperate into single servings before freezing. But still I'm limited on a variety, as small packages of meat go along way, (and I'm not complaint)....$ wise I don't buy a lot at once. Anyway, I'm thinking about trying this out. With hopes that the convenience might help me get back to and stick to eating healthy, and back into a routine with my meals. I did, however, notice the calorie counts were pretty high. Thinking maybe I would just cut back on the serving sizes. Anyone, tried this?

Replies

• cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We do this and love it! Some meals are high in calories than others - but I always feel like I get a good mix of quality ingredients, some that I never would have tried otherwise. A lot better than eating out. And since they are in the fridge at home I can't use the excuse that I didn't sit something out or that I'm missing something so I order pizza.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love hello fresh! I've been using it on and off (because of travel for work) for about a year. Some of the meals are high in calories but you can turn a meal for two into three and sometimes four servings really easily by cutting the portion size or just plan on that for your day I eat a smaller lunch. I don't have items go bad on me very often, granted sometimes with shipping silly things like corn will get smashed but they are amazing ate writing credits. If I know I'm having a busy week I will cook two meals at once and then portion them out so I have lunches and dinners. If I leave town I pawn my meals off on friends... And then they sign up and I get money off my delivery. I can't say enough good things about this program. I've tried others but this one has been a real time and money saver!
  • 4whirlygigs
    4whirlygigs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tried it a couple of times, but we are used to higher quality meat than what was provided. Also, my husband complained about all the wasteful packaging. I try to just shop and batch cook on weekends now.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Just checked it out. Incredibly expensive.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Just checked it out. Incredibly expensive.

especially when you to cook it yourself.
  • kwiatrtdy2
    kwiatrtdy2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It works out about £6 per person per meal on the veggie option. We're building up a pile of recipes that we love so that we will eventually stop it.