1 week Alaskan vacation + Not logging = 5lb gain

Options
Lol! Before and after we're both in the morning after shower so l think it's accurate...wonder how much of that was water weight... no worries tho, back on track today.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Memories that will last a lifetime? Priceless.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    The same happened to me. As soon as i got back into my routine, I dropped 2lbs and lost the rest in a little over a week. It was so worth it to see the beauty that is Alaska.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You changed your log in Dan?

I put 8lb on when I had my weeks holiday. It took 3 weeks to get that all off. Hope you had a great time :)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    in my experience, if it goes on fast, it comes off fast. You will be fine, just get back on track right away!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    There is probably a LOT of sodium in the foods you were served on board, besides any excess calories. Hydrate and get back on track and bet those five are gone pretty darn quick.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You changed your log in Dan?

I put 8lb on when I had my weeks holiday. It took 3 weeks to get that all off. Hope you had a great time :)

I had an AMAZING TIME..so worth, and I had second thoughts about using my actual name on the internet..not sure what took me so long hahaha.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Vacation = no worrying about a few pissly pounds.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Been there. Some of it is probably water weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Let us know where you're at in a week - curious if you get a whoosh.

Glad you had fun!
  • AspenDan
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Let us know where you're at in a week - curious if you get a whoosh.

Glad you had fun!
    Will do =]
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Was it one of those Alaskan cruises? I always thought those looked great.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I always drop the water weight the last few days of my vacation and end up gaining 2 pounds.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I gain at least that every time I fly...don't forget about airplane bloat.

I'd be hard pressed to actually eat 7,500 calories over my maintenance consistently over a week...which is what would be necessary to put on 5 Lbs of actual fat. I'd have to literally stuff myself to the point of being uncomfortable every single day...
  • AspenDan
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I gain at least that every time I fly...don't forget about airplane bloat.

I'd be hard pressed to actually eat 7,500 calories over my maintenance consistently over a week...which is what would be necessary to put on 5 Lbs of actual fat. I'd have to literally stuff myself to the point of being uncomfortable every single day...

In all honesty, I expected to gain maybe a pound or two, I really didn't eat/drink too much more than normal but who knows..I'm gonna get to pounding water and eating bananas, that usually helps me drop water weight more quickly.