Does anyone track fiber??

Options
I got tired of looking at the sodiUm heheh. I met my fiber, but i'm eating groUnd flax seeds, oatmeAl, , brown rice, broccoli

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I do, I eat flaxseed also in my morning oats. I also eat quest bars or drink regucol on a night if I'm not at my goal.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I track fiber rather then sodium. I don't have a medical reason to worry about sodium and I find that knowing my fiber consumption encourages me to eat food higher in fiber.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I do, mostly because I don't care to see sugar. My fiber is on the high side, which is fine-but I like to track it along side my fat because if fat dips too low...the struggle is real.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I track fiber instead of sugar. I think that's the one I replaced at least. I should get rid of sodium because I hate being reminded at how badly I fail with it every day.

My fiber goal is set at 25 grams but I try for 30. Some days I kill it, others I'm at like 15.
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I track fiber because I am a Type 2 Diabetic. I carb count and I can subtract the fiber from the number of carbs I've eaten, so I am a big fan of fiber.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I flip between tracking fiber and iron. Sometimes I look at sodium, but this really doesn't appear to be an issue for me.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I track fiber and sodium along with protein, fat and carb.

You can change the sodium level in your settings. The USDA's "supertracker" website meted out 4000mg of sodium as the upper limit last time I checked out their weight planner. Which surprised me.

https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/index.html
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I do track fiber and shoot for 25 plus. I don't net out the calories, but I find that if I eat more fiber, I'm more satisfied and I tend to lose more consistently -- in addition to health reasons for eating it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I track fiber instead of sugar
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I just changed my diary to track fiber, instead of sugar. I never even get close in sugar so I figured I would look at something else