Hello! I just started today. Looking for support buddies

Hi!
I just joined MFP this morning, after skipping breakfast.... I know, not a good start...
I'm Christine, 48 years old and a mom of 5. (Ages from 12 to 27) living in Brussels, Belgium.
I always got back in shape fast after birth. (Around 59 kilos/130lbs for 172cm/5.8ft)
I started having metabolism and insulin problems 5 years ago.
Resulting in having put on 24kgs/53lbs with a high risk of diabetes.
I am being followed and screened by a professional dietician every 6 weeks.
I'm here hoping that I will be consistent with this new way of life and hoping also to be able to have a few people here that can kick my a** when I'm not! ;)
I'd love to meet some of you and be able to listen to you and encourage you also in your quest.
Thank you for your time!
Carpe Diem!
Chris ✨

Replies

• maciekukla
    maciekukla Posts: 6 Member
    Hello Christine, I have been on here about 1.5 weeks, and it does work, I lost couple of lbs, but it's a start, the reason is, you get to write down what you are eating and drinking, so you get more conscious of what your intake is, you will want to beat it and see your results in writing. I find myself, if I don't drink enough water, I try to beat it the next day by a cup more or something, or make sure I don't go over my calorie count, if so, I try harder the next day. Exercise, I try to do whatever I can, and next time, I try to add little more. As long as you keep up with your logs, you will see, you will want to achieve your goal.
  • Chrisolix
    Chrisolix Posts: 4 Member
    Macie!
    Thank you for your kind response!
    I like your idea of beating it the next day!
    Whether for drinking water or for the exercises. I'll try that!
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Welcome! This is a great community. Feel free to add me!
  • dme100
    dme100 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, feel free to add me. I'm willing to offer and receive mutual support.