Off to a bad start

Options
Started counting calories today and joined this site, but had no time to go out for a healthy lunch and dinner is not looking good either. I had a bag of Famous amos cookies and a cup of coffee for lunch. I'm hoping tonite I can get it together and plan my breakfast and lunch for the rest of the week. Gotta say though all the success stories are very motivating and i'm hopeful i will stay on board. :)

Replies

• gabi2707
    gabi2707 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up just get back on track A.S.A.P good luck!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You should have seen MY first day!!! I was over by WAY TOO MANY calories. It's very eye openning!! Tomorrow will be better & it will get easier once you get the hang of it! Good Luck!!
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to have a bad day from time to time. Just have to remember to get back on track as soon as you can and not beat yourself up over it.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You just joined, you need to get into the swing of it! Before long eating healthy and logging will be a habit you can not break!!!! Good luck....and the best way to stay on track is to plan ahead!
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm using my first week as a learning period. Take a look at what I'm eating and make some substitutions. It very eye opening and the support is amazing! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like :) Good luck on your journey!
  • crazylyma
    crazylyma Posts: 9
    Options
    Its ok. Just look forward to the next day.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    +1 on all the responses of "don't stop thinking about tomorrow."

You're off to a great start, actually - you're becoming aware of what you're eating. That is really the necessary step. The changing of your eating choices comes later as you look at what you eat and you make rational decisions about what's healthy and you begin to learn what foods trigger emotional eating - and what situations trigger it as well.

It's a journey, not a race, and there's no "perfect attendance award." Relax, one day at a time, and stay current in your posting.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It does take time getting used to it. But then it is habit forming. Just for the heck of it count up those calories today. Like someone else said "it's an eye opener.
    Good luck to better days :drinker:
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It takes a few days to get the hang of it. Just remember to try to plan ahead of what you are going to eat. Prepare stuff the night before. It makes it so much easier. :smile:
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    It's a journey, not a race, and there's no "perfect attendance award." Relax, one day at a time, and stay current in your posting.

YES! one day at a time, one meal at a time, one step at a time. And, log it- even when you don't want to!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    As with every new project, any change, any new lifestyle, there is a learning curve. Take it slow, ease into it. You can't suddenly stop what you're doing and reverse direction and expect it to go smoothly. There will be bumps, but you are becoming aware of them being bumps, and not brick walls. We hit a bump, and get back up again. We hit a brick wall, we bust through it. Don't give up! GIve it time, let yourself adjust for a couple days, and start thinking ahead, about what you have in your cabinets, and get a pen and paper and start making your grocery list. If you have no good food in your pantry, how can you expect to do good your first few days? Tomorrow, go to the grocer and stay on the outside walls, avoid the foods in the middle isles that are all sugar and processed chemicals.

YOU CAN DO THIS!