need help not eating at night

Options
2»

Replies

• MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have a cup of tea. If you eat chose raw veggies. Also go to bed early. It helps with night time cravings caused by grehlin.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    I budget to have 200-300 calories before bed. Otherwise I wake up hungry at 3 ~ 4 AM.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my bedtime snack, so I make sure I have calories left for it. I eat larger amount of calories at night. I have about 1/2 of my daily protein for my evening meal with lots of fiber, 50 or more grams of green salad, and another 100 grams of healthy vegetables . This helps me to stay full so I am less tempted.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Time your food intake so the above doesn't happen.

I consume a large proportion of my calories in the evening/night because thats what works for me.

^^
    Yup. I generally do this too. I'm always good with food during the day but I've always been a nighttime eater.... That's what I'm home, which has the most potential for trouble!

I tend to eat lighter during the day, eat an average dinner, and then still have about 300 calories left after that to have a dessert. If evening is when you want to do your eating, then simply tailor your plan that way.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If you eat too little early in the day, you'll need more later in the day. "Dieting good" is nonsense. Motivation fades.

1. Make sure you aren't cutting calories too much, intentionally or unintentionally. Aim for a realistic loss per week. Weigh everything you eat, double check database entries, and log it. Don't have "cheat days".

2. Make sure you are getting adequate nutrition for your calories. Hit your protein goal. Eat fruit and vegetables. Eat as much food you can prepared form real ingredients. Have a varied diet of foods from every food group every day.

3. Make sure you aren't depriving yourself mentally. Do not cut out anything you like or force yourself to eat things you don't like. Most food can be part of a healthy diet.

4. Plan your meals in advance. Find out if you prefer to eat lots of small meals or one or two big meals per day.

5. If you still feel hungry after these steps, you need to learn to separate cravings from hunger, and to distract yourself to ignore cravings. "The Hunger Scale" has helped me a lot. Eating is a lot about habits, and habits can be changed.

6. Even though weight loss is a simple process, the implementation can be difficult. But you can make it more or less difficult. If something is unclear - ask. Seek information. Ask the forum, ask your doctor.
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    at night I eat carrots. for 8 oz its only 35 calories. if I really need to munch I get carrots and I feel full after words.