How active am I?

Options
I've searched around and haven't come to a conclusion about my activity level. If anyone here has time, I'd like your opinion.

5-6 days a week I alternate between 20min HITT training and 1 hour of weight training. The rest of the time, I work in an office all day. I go to work by bus and the walk to the bus stop is 20min round trip.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I am going to error on the side of caution and say you're active????
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ^ What ilovecereal1982 said. You're doing phenomenal.
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    Copycat!!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle = sedentary.
    Then add exercise on top of that.
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    What they said...much better answer.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'd say sedentary, and echoing minties above post, add exercise separately.

I average 20,000-30,000 steps a day 7 days a week. I have a fitbit and set myself to sedentary on here, as the fitbit automatically adds my exercise cals to mfp.
  • jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If you plan on logging your workouts in MFP and eating back any of the exercise calories, go with sedentary.

If you do not plan to log your exercises, and will be eating just your baseline MFP calories, go with lightly active or moderately active.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sedentary... Log your HIIT calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'd say Sedentary and then add the workouts, but not the ten minute bus walks.

If you would rather not log the workouts, then go with Lightly Active, but Sedentary sounds best to me.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    glowcap wrote: »
    I've searched around and haven't come to a conclusion about my activity level. If anyone here has time, I'd like your opinion.

5-6 days a week I alternate between 20min HITT training and 1 hour of weight training. The rest of the time, I work in an office all day. I go to work by bus and the walk to the bus stop is 20min round trip.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

My activity level is close to yours, I think. Two days a week I do a 3 mile round trip beach walk with a weighted backpack. Then 4-5 days a week I do a 30 minute HIIT using body weight only (burpees are sweet torture). My job is at home desk job.

I put my settings at sedentary and then manually add my exercise in but try and be conservative with burn amounts because I eat back most of my exercise calories.

Worked for me so far!
  • glowcap
    glowcap Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. As most everyone has said, I'll set it to sedentary and add in the exercise. I've got an apple watch, so that should do it automatically.

I'll give it a week and check again to see if I need to make adjustments.

And thanks FrankiesGirlie, finding someone who's exercise is similar to mine really helps.