weight watchers vs mfp??

Options
Help I started ww and then I was told about mfp. I try to do both for a few days but its so easy to go over calories because fruitn veggies r free @ ww.. what's ur advice what one is going to give me a better weight loss/????? I gotta figure it out.

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers for two years, the new program didn't work well for me, and I found this place. THis place is free and I have gotten far more support here.

It is possible to do both, just don't count the fruit free for ww, calculate points for it. And add the calories here.
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You could add calories to your daily goals so you can follow the WW guidelines but use the MFP for food logging and day to day moral support. I LOVE the community here and find everyone to be so helpful and encouraging. Another idea would be to just stop logging your fruits in your diary. Maybe adopt a philosophy of only logging the things that WW wants you to keep careful track of.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have NOT done ww, well, I sort of did but it was more keeping track of my points for support, my boyfriend did it for real though (hehe I don't know that he'd appreciate me telling others.)

He did not have much success once it switched over to the new Points Plus system. He just started MFP with me last week, he will be doing this instead of WW so we'll see how that goes.
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    I've done weight watchers 3 times since I was 15 and I am now 27. The most I ever lost was about 40 lbs. I find MFP to be way more supportive and much easier to work into my lifestyle, and lets face it so nice that it is free. Either program will work to lose weight, it really comes down to what works for you :smile:
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I started in January on WW. I have found the best results through this site, though. When I started with MFP I also tracked with weight watchers for a couple weeks. Then I found this program much easier and found the info re sugar, carbs, and sodium levels much more informative. I feel for me this is the healthier choice, and it's helped me get so close to my goal I can almost taste it. I don't count fruits in my sugar intake, though, otherwise I'd be over everyday. I feel these sugars are natural and healthy for me, and let's face it, one orange would put me over my sugar allowance for one day.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone, it really is up to you and what works best for you. I have tried WW, but didn't have the money anymore to pay and this site is free and fun. I have been here a week and lost 6.6lbs just by counting calories. I like this site better than WW and would never go back to WW.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have also done Weight Watchers 3 different times since I was 10 and am now 30. I have found that I am losing on a slower rate here (my choice) but am much more successful because I am actually learning the calories, protein, etc. that I need to be eating. Points programs have changed so much and I can't keep learning new things as they change them. Eating within your caloric recommendations will never change, it will always work for you.

When it comes to fruits, I do see that my sugar is higher but I am okay if I go over with my sugars because of fruits/yogurts.