Let's Talk About Non Scale Victories - shall we?

Options

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Great thread topic!

I'm nearing my weight loss goal and going more towards a recomp mode, so I'm hoping many of my victories in the future will be mostly non scale victories.

For now....

I'm wearing shorts right now that I haven't worn in 6 or so years

At the local park, I recently ran the stairs up the hill 9 or 10 times after a walk one day

On my bike rides, I feel stronger almost every ride. Recently started adding more pace to push myself since traffic free miles are hard to come by around here. A couple weeks back I was fighting wind to the halfway point, tired, my quads were starting to burn by the time I headed back, and then traffic slowed me some. So I decided a calorie burn ride was good enough, which is what the old me did at times.

But the new me surfaced. Screw being winded, screw my quads burning.

BOOM! Kicked out a three minute mile. Not a feat for a younger more fit person. But for someone my age getting back into the game, on a tired old POS mountain bike... a major mental victory. And since that day, I've knocked out some solid 18-20 MPH miles on a regular basis when I want.
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    60 mins on elliptical, 20k steps in on day!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym today for the first time in a looooooong time. And I did more than I ever thought I could do. Victory!!!
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a person I have known most of my life came up to me and introduced themselves. I laughed and they did a double take and they were like OMG!! Last time I saw her was at the start of this year, so was totally blown away she did not recognise me at all lol.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Did my morning walk and then did it again because I felt good.
  • Reneebart
    Reneebart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tried on my dress from graduation back in June and it was extremely loose.!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    On the advice of an elder neighbor who bicycles (I just hope to be on my bike at his age, and he's ten times faster than I am, too!) I went out and bought a snot neon green shirt and a pylon orange shirt from Hobby Lobby for safer riding.

They are unisex, so they don't flare at all in the hips and belly. I noticed after eight days the pooch is a little smaller and the back saddlebags are, too. Happy dance! (10 calories. Logged. Kidding!)
  • banannerbelle
    banannerbelle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love this whole thread and concept! Thank you!

I can do the silly wake-up "aerobic exercise" songs with my campers, no problem! I -like- to move!
    Other people at the gym notice differences (a little embarassing and intimidating but it's also nice).
    The bikini I bought to reward myself for losing some weight, is now too big to use.
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5k this past Saturday.. :)
  • Azuriaz
    Options
    Ran my first 5k this past Saturday.. :)

Congrats!

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    4 people at work asked me what I am doing to loose weight
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Found an old dress I loved - and it looks awesome.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I too have a loose ring. I've had it 32 years and it's time to get it resized!
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Today when I put on my workout clothes and looked in the mirror, I actually thought, "Wow, I look thin." I haven't felt that way in a long, long time. There was no criticism that immediately followed the thought, no insecure, "But my belly isn't as flat as I want it to be..." It was nice and peaceful. :)
  • Azuriaz
    Options
    I am not hungry. In fact, I'm too-not-hungry at the moment. Which beats the heck out of my usual state of when do I eat, when do I eat, when do I get to EAT?
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I bought low cut skinny jeans for the first time in forever yesterday. :# And, not just any skinny jeans, Junior size 9 skinny jeans, lol--definitely had a freak out moment. They look so small that I would've bet a million dollars that they wouldn't fit. But, not only did they fit, they're actually a little big! Coming from a woman's size 20 this is a huge NSV!! :)
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    My fitted T-shirts are starting to bag around the middle a bit. Woo!
  • jaxjackjackie
    jaxjackjackie Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I can fit into my skinny jeans!
  • fatfrank44
    fatfrank44 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet but this is a great thread

- A pull up/chin up. I will be so happy when I can do this
    - Not look at my skinny vintage high waist jeans with dread
    - And the biggest one - I really want to run 10K with my dad. I can currently do 5K at a sweaty push (I'm a terrible terrible runner). My dad used to run marathons and is still on it several times a week. Would be great to run with him :)
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    In training today and I said 'no' to a scone at coffee break, a year ago I would take it whether or not I was hungry