Hi! I have a few questions if someone could answer them for

Options
hello I'm Robin. I just started this last week because I want to lose 40lbs. Not sure if it will happen so I'll be happy with 20lbs which is what my doctor wants me to lose. I also recently found out my cholesterol needs to come down 50 points. I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Does anyone know what your daily cholesterol intake should be if you are trying to lower it? My diary is set at 300 but that sounds high to me. Any suggestion?

Replies

• kmck045
    kmck045 Posts: 19
    Options
    gosh, no idea on the cholesterol thing, but I will say this is an awesome spot for support for your goals!

Welcome and all the best!
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what it should be at. If add fibre to your diet, it binds to the cholesterol and removes it from your body.
  • RobinMonroe
    Options
    Thanks for the input! :) I appreciate it!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I lowered my cholestral 21 points and reduced my ttiglcerides12 points by diet,exercise and doing a Milk Thistle cleans for three weeks. 500 mg. twice a day for one week then 500mg once a day for two weeks. Need to do it every six months. I'm do now and so is my dog. I give it to my dog because the vet said he had swollen liver and told me about Milk Thistle. Look on line Mayo Clinic likes Milk Thistle too.