losing motivation...

Options
Why is it that now that I am sooo close to my goal I am totally losing motivation. I feel so much better about the way I look now that I think I gave up. I am not where I want to be, but I can't seem to find the will to make it the last few pounds. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do to motivate myself? Help!

Replies

• emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You could try giving yourself a reward, like if you lose those last few pounds then you get to go get a mani/pedi or go buy a new pair of shoes or something. Bribe yourself with something you want :)
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What's your plan for maintenance? Also, what are some of the reasons for your lack of motivation? I hear it's common to struggle with the last few pounds. I'd say reach out lots to your support here at MFP to help with that. Also, do you feel you must lose the last three because you said you wanted to? Or why do you feel those last 3 pounds are important to lose?
  • Staro77
    Staro77 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am nowhere near the "end" like you are...I am closer to the beginning! Yet still, I have had a rough couple of weeks motivation wise. I am hoping you get lots of great ideas here!
    I think you are right that once you are feeling better about yourself, it is hard to stay on the right track.
    I am reviewing what my goals are, writing them down, and my plan of action to get to each goal. I am hoping that will renew my motivation.
    Good luck!!
  • Msmeme82
    Msmeme82 Posts: 11
    Options
    That's a good idea as for me I take out those old pics big and small ones of myself to remind me of what I need to be doing. That's more motivation than any because I am tired of the BIG girl clothes and looking forward the skinny girl ones lol. But anyway It's okay to be comfortable just don't get too comfortable and regain what you've works so hard for... I hope this help :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    So when you reach your goal are you going to go right back to the way you ate before????????????????
    The problem is you are making this a diet and not a lifestyle.