Question about losing weight

Options
I am setting a small goal for myself to lose 20 pounds within the next 45 days.. I want to know what everyone thinks about that if you think it is possible or should I set myself a different goal. Thanks

Replies

• blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would say it would be good, but you also have to have the drive to get there as well. Just remember if you don't get the whole 20lbs lost, it is ok remember how much you did lose!!! You can do it!!!!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    everything i have read says its best to lose 2 pounds a week.its healthiest and it its also so you dont gain it back.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi, according to the site your goal should be about 2 lbs a week. That is a healthy amount to lose per week and keep off. So you might be ok with the 45 days, you might need to give yourself another week or 2. It depends on how fast you personally lose weight too, my body is stubborn and I have only been losing about 1or 1.5 lbs a week.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    On average, I've been losing 8-10 lbs a month.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That's very extreme and you are putting your body...organs into harms way by losing so much so quickly. Ideally, one should lose max 2 lbs per week. 2lb/wk would be max but 1lb/wk is reasonable and safer.
  • nneka86
    nneka86 Posts: 11
    Options
    That goal is DEFINITELY doable. I lost 28 pounds in 6 weeks or 42 days, and I'm still losing (this coming from someone who's struggled with weight issues her ENTIRE life). But I feel that it would depend a lot on your diet. I gave up calorie-counting and, instead, adopted a low-carb (or, on some days, zero-carb) diet, and it consists of meat, fish, poultry, a variety of vegetables, and LOTS of good/healthy fat. The weight's just coming off like magic, and I've never felt better!
    But do what feels right for you because everyone's different. Whatever you choose, I wish you luck, and I hope you reach your goal! :)