Diet Soda Addict? Solutions!

Options
I used to think diet sodas with harmful substances such as aspartame were the only enjoyable alternative to water, but I've found some wonderful safer alternatives.

- Diet Cheerwine = Diet Cheerwine has no aspartame and is sweetened with Splenda. It also has no sodium, carbs, or calories.
- Sparkling Water Drinks = No sodium, carbs, or calories!
- Mellow Yellow Zero = Low Sodium
- Mio Water Enhancer = Expensive, but super handy! Great for saving money at restaraunts, just order water and add Mio for a calorie free drink, free of charge!

Replies

• brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Diet Cheerwine is yummy!
  • SkinnyCate
    SkinnyCate Posts: 116
    Options
    Oooo! I have one! REAL WATER! lol :) no but seriously... my fav is good ol water with mint leaves and lime. Yummmmmmmmm. Kinda like a mojito..... but not.......... meh whatevs :)
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    Splenda is *not* good for you. All artificial sweeteners are hell on your body. Aspartame is awful and should never have been approved by the FDA. Theres a pretty good chapter on Splenda and the rest in Skinny *****.
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    lkc5797, sorry... I just had to ask, is the picture on your ticker of Skippy/Edbassmaster?
  • connamiragna
    Options
    Why yes it is!! :) "Hey Ladies" lol
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I found a new drink (well, I didn't find it, but you understand) called zevia. Their web site is http://www.zevia.com/products_cola.html that has the ingredients and the people's chemist has a youtube video on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWQKtq9l3nY&feature=related

I haven't tried it yet but the pop uses Stevia instead of sugar or chemical sugar substitute. You can probably find it at Whole Foods.

Let me know how it tastes if you try it!
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sadly.. I LOVE Diet Coke.. I will die someday... I know. I do want to get off of it though... the caffeine is so dehydrating! UG! I GOTTA Break the habit! I can.. but I just like the flavor... I really really do want to just do water.. I like the idea of lime in it! I'll try that!
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    Why yes it is!! :) "Hey Ladies" lol

Are you having an end of the world today? mhh
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The only solution is more cowbell.
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I went old-school, cold turkey! Lol! It took a good week to get over my fave Diet Cherry Pepsi. I didn't realize how much water I retained from sodas until two days after... I need to find more drinks without aspartame, but it's so hard! I went from soda to Lipton's Diet Green Tea w/citrus and Diet White Tea w/raspberry. I've done the MIO thing, and it's awesome, but again, I need to get rid of the chemicals. Doing stevia in my coffee right now, and it's actually not half bad! ;-)
  • connamiragna
    Options
    Y'know you are one mighty taco.
  • eklei123
    eklei123 Posts: 27
    Options
    The only solution is more cowbell.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Zevia is fairly expensive, but WONDERFUL! Some regular grocery stores now carry it, plus the health food stores have it and at ours I could buy one can to try it before buying a 4 pack.