Banking calories

Options
Hi,

Is there any provision for banking calories if you know you have an event etc to go to?

TIA

Gail

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand the question. Just do it, yes.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What's the event? A pie eating contest?
  • Gail_1901
    Gail_1901 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wish ☺️
  • Gail_1901
    Gail_1901 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lorleee
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing and would love if MFP had a way of saving them up to cash them in at a later date. I eat out a lot but when I'm at home I'm usually quite good. So I reckon I balance but motivationally speaking it would help me to not see that I've "gone over" my calorie allowance and on average I reckon I dont.

Thanks for the link to that thread Lorleee.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    GillianLF wrote: »
    I've wondered the same thing and would love if MFP had a way of saving them up to cash them in at a later date. I eat out a lot but when I'm at home I'm usually quite good. So I reckon I balance but motivationally speaking it would help me to not see that I've "gone over" my calorie allowance and on average I reckon I dont.

Thanks for the link to that thread Lorleee.

Just watch your weekly intake under "nutrition" on the app. I don't like math so I used to go in and add 2500 calories to the upcoming Saturday and work my week around it.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for banking calories. Celebrating two family birthdays this weekend!
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing. If you don't use them you lose them. Just enjoy yourself guilt free
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Oh heck yeah. Typically, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I eat anywhere from 200-400 calories under my daily goal, and I tend to "spend" these extra calories on the weekend. It's working for me-- I'm averaging ~ 2 lbs weight loss per week.