exercise calories do you eat yours back? all of them?

Options
tanyamg
tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
So it's a little confusing I read so many blogs about: yes eat exercise calories back, but when I went to go see a nutritionist and get my metabolic test done they say not to.

Then I think of that and that's crazy yesterday I burned over 1,000 calories so I'm not suppose to eat that back ? I don't know this is a little confusing maybe I'll eat just some of them back ? Any thoughts out there?

Replies

• MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    What is your loss per week goal? If your goal is already set to 2lbs/week you should definitely eat all those calories back!! You have to support your body!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I eat about 80-90% of mine back or I would be very hungry during the day. For example today I had 1500+ calories after exercising and I will have 395 calories left at the end of the day. I don't force it but when I started eating my calories back I lost more weight. My goal is 2-3 lbs a week.

Edit - I looked at your food diary and if you aren't hungry I wouldn't eat those back, you already ate 1400 calories with exercise which is very good.
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would listen to what the professional is telling you. They've got the training to get you where you want to go.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to eat back my exercise calories. I am just not hungry enough. Especially if I do a lot of exercising my appetite disappears. I have heard conflicting reports regarding this I just listen to my body and days when I do not eat all my calories back I notice a more significant weight loss at the end of those weeks.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 to 3/4 back and I'm still losing every week.
  • tanyamg
    Options
    What is your loss per week goal? If your goal is already set to 2lbs/week you should definitely eat all those calories back!! You have to support your body!

True True.. my loss per week is 1.5pds. As a runner, I deft. eat them back.. its just too much conflicting info.
  • tanyamg
    Options
    This is very helpful, thank you all for the comments