Gutless Gutters Challenge 01/06/09

Options
2»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    What is this challenge about??? I need something to help me get my motivation back!!!! Not so much exercising, I have no problem there. But I need to start counting calories again, any diet challenges out there??? Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

We're pledging to lose XX amount by Valentine's day. :smile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty good!! 5 wks to Valentine's Day. I would love to lose a pound a week!!! I only need to lose about 10lbs now. So, we check in everyday and report our workouts and calories? :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty good!! 5 wks to Valentine's Day. I would love to lose a pound a week!!! I only need to lose about 10lbs now. So, we check in everyday and report our workouts and calories? :flowerforyou:

Sounds about right to me :drinker:

Good luck to you...and welcome to the challenge :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I took Wifey out to eat for her B-Day and had grilled chicken breast with rice and a salad. I ordered a glass of water also. I stayed under my calories.

I worked out this morning (my back sounded like a bowl of rice krispies during my streching) but did not eat breakfast and it is almost lunchtime. I was so busy this am that I have not drank any water either.

Hope everyone else is kicking it.
    :flowerforyou:

PS I C more people joined today....cool.
    :bigsmile:
  • anembellishment
    Options
    Checking in late .... well I was up about a pound this morning.:sick:

But, I'm okay I ate underneath my calories yesterday, but ate dinner at 11 p.m. because of a late meeting ~volunteer stuff. No excercise or much water either. I also think the day Sunday, where I slightly overdid it is catching up to me!

~That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Today is going swimmingly and I going to excercise right now!
    Goood luck all for tomorrow.
  • Landon66
    Landon66 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Did 5 miles for the first time in years! Not all at a run, but I'm getting there...slowly. Didn't get on the scale this AM, so not sure if there's a change.
    Anyone got a cure or remedy for shin splints? They are starting up again. Don't want to be banished to the bike for two months again.
    Did good at logging everything too, so I was proud of myself.
    Landon

Good job on your run, Landon. :flowerforyou:

Here's some info on treating shin splints: http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/shin-splints.php

Also, make sure you have proper running shoes! :wink:

Going to find a place that does the gait analysis to find out if it's the shoes--probably time for a new pair either way. I've logged quite a few miles in my current pair.
    Great website too. Thanks for the find! I'd surely be happy with the massages. Now to try and sweet talk the wife...I may be getting her a new pair of shoes too after that though. haha
    Landon
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound....cant weigh in until tomorrow.

I did get all my water today and eat my fruits and veggies!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm only weighing in on Fridays (I can tend to obsess about that scale) but I did 45 minutes of Pilates last night, stayed under my calories and drank all my water.

Today is good so far. I had lunch with a friend today and we had sushi. I found it in the database but there was definitely some guessing involved. Hopefully I didn't do too bad. I'm half way through my water and I plan to do 45-60 minutes of cardio on the treadmill tonight and then about 35 minutes of yoga.

I can't believe how much exercise some of you guys fit into a day, you rock! Something to strive for, thanks for the motivation.

So....I'm good to go...and to wind down tonight...I'm watching Biggest Loser, can't wait!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Everyone and Welcome! :smile:

I am only going to log my weight on Mondays...as I tend to watch the scale too much, and that will help keep me accountable over the weekends...:grumble:

I maintained over the holidays, which is good...:drinker:

Yesterday I did 15 min on the elliptical as a warm up for a strength class at the Y, and stayed well within my calories.

Today, hasn't been as great due to a headache, but did get in a little on the elliptical and have eaten healthy all day.

See everyone tomorrow...and hopefully I'll notice this earlier in the day...:huh:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Checking in.
    Gym today. Ate pretty well. Still loggin in. Went to the dr. I would really like to lose 8 pounds by Valentine's day.
  • kellch
    Options
    Good morning kiss2.gif

wait.gif

Ok......so.......yesterday was my shorter workout day 23 minute TaeBo express workout (still a good workout...had me sweatin :smokin: ) and I walked the dog one mile. I stayed within my calories and drank most of my water but I was about 8 oz short bang_head.gif Oh well....at least I got most of it in.

Anywho...today is my longer workout day........60 minute TaeBo workout (Full Throttle Amped) and a 4 mile walk with the dog tonight when I get home. I tried to wake up at 4 am to do my 23 minute workout again.....but....... ummmm :yawn:............ wasn't happenin th_smalldancingman.gif I did, however, get in a 10 minute stretch. I am soooooo sore after not working out as much as usual over the holidays. Felt good to stretch my muscles :drinker:

Everyone have a loverly day........oh and if we start a 1/7/09 thread, I'll just copy and paste it :bigsmile: I didn't feel like starting it myself. :smokin:
  • melilissa_r
    Options
    GOod afternoon!

Well I didn't exercise yesterday but I did stay within my cals and I lost 1 POUND!

Yeah babes!:drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    GOod afternoon!

Well I didn't exercise yesterday but I did stay within my cals and I lost 1 POUND!

They opened a new thread for today's challenge :grumble: :laugh:

here's the link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/34366-gutless-gutters-challenge-1-7-09
  • kellch
    Options
    GOod afternoon!

They opened a new thread for today's challenge :grumble: :laugh:

here's the link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/34366-gutless-gutters-challenge-1-7-09

OH! And WTG on the 1 lb!!! :drinker: Awesome :flowerforyou:
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What is the Gutless Gutters Challenge?:bigsmile:
  • kellch
    Options
    What is the Gutless Gutters Challenge?:bigsmile:

We're pledging to lose X amount of weight by Valentines Day....if you want in go to the link above I put on the the post above yours. :flowerforyou:
  • marc4
    marc4 Posts: 79
    Options
    5 lbs by Valentines? Ok, I'm new here and the challenge is on!!

Cheers,
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    Good morning!
    Soup have I told you how hot you are looking these days, I like HOT SOUP