Diet Soda Cake

Options
2»

Replies

• lizzy2250
    lizzy2250 Posts: 4
    Options
    I used to make a fruit cobbler either with blueberries or black raspberries:

1 box of white cake mix

1 pkg of frozen fruit

16 oz of diet sprite or diet sierra mist

Spray a 9x13 cake pan with no stick cooking spray, spread the fruit on the bottom of the pan, pour the cake mix over the fruit, pour two cups of diet sprite over cake mix. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes, taking the aluminum foil off for the last 15 minutes, so the mixture can brown.

You can also mix the cake mixture together to make it more like a cake then a cobbler
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    OK, this sounds great, now I want to try it.
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My kids soooo loved this, We will make this again. :happy:
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump for future
  • rtbogan0407
    rtbogan0407 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • Huey2943
    Huey2943 Posts: 1
    Options
    I made a diet Soda cake today, first time I tried one and it was great ! My wife loved it too. I used a box of white cake mix and one 12 oz diet coke, mixed well, baked in a 8x8 pan at 350 degrees.
  • calig8tr
    calig8tr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Got the Diet Soda Cake idea from Hungry Girl...she has great suggestions and pairings. Used chocolate mix with coke zero and it was DELISH, but very soft and crumbly (fell apart); as long as you only care about taste and not looks, it was FABULOUS. Next tried HG's "favorite" pairing: Lemon cake mix with lemon-lime soda (I used sprite zero) and frosted with cool whip (cupcakes)...SO GOOD. BUT, my absolute favorite so far: Made a lemon with sprite zero cake yesterday (for a 4th of July party) and frosted with lite cool whip and "decorated" with blueberries and raspberries. This was an amazingly light and yummy dessert. Refreshing and satisfying....and SUPER easy! Now just trying to figure out the exact stats so I can enter in my food log.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I made a devils food cake with diet dr pepper. I thought I would be fancy and make a layered cake... bad idea! It tasted AWESOME but it falls apart easily.