Upper arms exercise

Options
What is the best exercise to get rid of flappy inner arms? My outer arms are beginning to tone up and take shape but my inner arms are just soft and hangs. How do I burn off the fat in that area and tone it?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Fork putdowns and plate pushaways.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    :) If it's unworked muscles, those would be your triceps. I like dumbbell pullovers combined with skull crushers for the whole region. Just the skull crushers would hit your triceps (but go on and do the whole combo, because it's awesome).
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What is a skull crusher?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The hang is a combination of fat and possibly loose skin. As you lose weight, it will reduce. As for toning up the muscle underneath, any type of overhead (lying or standing) tricep extension will work and there are several variations of them.

Lying tricep extensions (skull crusher)
    Overhead tricep extensions
    One arm dumbell tricep extensions

youtube will show you how to perform them. Key is NOT to move the elbow pivot point once you start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »

That is funny! I'll use that.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    . How do I burn off the fat in that area and tone it?

Fat loss can't be targeted. For more on that, Google "spot reduction myth". For strength training, it's best to follow a full-body program. What equipment do you have access to?
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have some 2 lb hand weights, and a 7 lb kettle ball. Plus the equipment at the gym. I looked up some exercises on YouTube so I now know what to do when I go. Thanks.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Your handbag probably weighs more than those weights, but since you have a gym, you can do New Rules of Lifting for Women (a book), or Stronglifts (free online). Both are good, popular programs. Again, you'll get better results on a full-body program, but if you want bigger tricep muscles, you can add a couple of sets of the exercises mentioned above.

• donnymom
    donnymom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »

• donnymom
    donnymom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lol! That's the hardest exercise!