Very new to all this

Options
Hi, I'm very new to the concept of eating right, losing weight, doing exercise as I've never really worried about it. I couldn't care less what people saw because I always felt good. But at my age of 47, (4kids and married) the Drs began telling me I'm pre diabetic, I have heart disease, I'm over weight and I must attempt to do some type of exercise. Never have I ever worried about until now. I started looking at my pics and saw how big I was getting without even realizing it... So here I am. Just stepped onto the stepping stones, one step at a time.

Replies

• nrainb
    nrainb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Way to go for taking those first steps :)
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome, congrats on taking the first steps.

One piece of advice, go take a picture that you can reference in the future.
  • DiMon67
    DiMon67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, what do you mean @MikeLeTwigg
  • DiMon67
    Options
    Thanks @nrainb
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!!! You are going to kick some booty and you also have great hair!!!! And a lot of it!!
  • DiMon67
    Options
    Hahaha, thank you @ilovecereal1982 , hope to
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    In the coming weeks and months your going to need something to look back at to see how far you've moved. When the path seems long some times it's easier to look at how far you've travelled rather than how far there is to go.

Plus you'll need something for your before and after pics when you succeed
  • aspdenbrae
    aspdenbrae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In the coming weeks and months your going to need something to look back at to see how far you've moved. When the path seems long some times it's easier to look at how far you've travelled rather than how far there is to go.

Plus you'll need something for your before and after pics when you succeed

That's hreat advice, I didn't and kick my butt for not doing it all the time lol. Great job deciding to be healthy! It's a lot more fun than it seems at the start.
  • pecantan89
    pecantan89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this to but we will not be defeated
    :)
  • DiMon67
    Options
    Ahh ok, need to work on the pics then ... Thanks for that great tip.
  • DiMon67
    Options
    Thanks @aspdenbrae
  • DiMon67
    Options
    @pecantan89 we will not be, we will do it