Belly fat

Options
I go to the gym 5 days a week and I'm
Loosing weight everywhere but my belly can anyone tell me any exercise I can do to loose belly fat?

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    There is none. Your belly loses fat when your belly feels like losing fat. There's nothing you can do to target that area in particular.
    There's some products promising to make you lose more evenly distributed around your body by blocking the things responsible for not losing there, but I don't know about their effectiveness.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reduction or spot addition of fat. There is only spot addition (building) and reduction (atrophy) of muscles.

To lose the belly, you can eat in a caloric deficit. Depending on how much fat you have, body recomp (eat at maintenence while lifting to build muscle) may help.
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is keep doing what your doing and be patient. You can't choose where weight will come off.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight everywhere but my belly can anyone tell me any exercise I can do to loose belly fat?
    Fork put downs and table push aways are about it, and they'll take away all the fat, not just belly.

If you want to lose fat from a specific area, your options are
    1. Lose fat in general, continue until the area of concern is where you want
    2. Take a slurry of hormones like cortico-stereoids, cortisol blockers, testosterone, or estrogen that are dangerous, but will ever so slightly alter where fat storage happens, and also, of course, lose weight at the same time.
    3. Save some cash and get liposuction. That's about as directed a fat lose as you can get.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is keep doing what your doing and be patient. You can't choose where weight will come off.
    Yep. Generally speaking, the first place you gain fat is the last place you lose fat....
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Fork put downs and table push aways are about it, and they'll take away all the fat, not just belly.

2. Take a slurry of hormones like cortico-stereoids, cortisol blockers, testosterone, or estrogen that are dangerous, but will ever so slightly alter where fat storage happens, and also, of course, lose weight at the same time.
    3. Save some cash and get liposuction. That's about as directed a fat lose as you can get.

This made me laugh..... :joy:
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

There's things that are not hormones that supposedly block the ardenogenic receptors that block lipolysis in these areas. I don't think they're working that amazingly though or you'd hear more of that, I can't tell, the stuff isn't over the counter in Germany as far as I can tell, but apparently in other places. Yohimbine HCL (also used as an aphrodisiac I heard).
  • 515000aa
    515000aa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is the last to go....ever seen a six-pack on someone not ripped all over?
    Stay beast mode on the diet!!
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

There's things that are not hormones that supposedly block the ardenogenic receptors that block lipolysis in these areas. I don't think they're working that amazingly though or you'd hear more of that, I can't tell, the stuff isn't over the counter in Germany as far as I can tell, but apparently in other places. Yohimbine HCL (also used as an aphrodisiac I heard).

I've personally used Yohimbine HCL for accelerated fat loss, while I don't think it was noticeable increase for weight loss, the other claims were true for me......
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    How is your posture? Poor posture makes anyone look like they have a pouch. Mirror check and stop duck butting it.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Sorry, last place I lost was my belly and that was only after I reached a certain body fat %. I didnt do any specific exercise for a flat stomach but I did work on developing a stronger overall core.
  • tellem46
    tellem46 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ensure you are limiting your sugar intake and or your eating habits are good 90% of the time. Nutrition weighs heavily on how our bodies shape up.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It wiil come off eventually. Sometimes its the last place:(
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit will lose the fat. While that is happening start on some kind of whole body resistance work.

Just improving your posture and consciously engaging your abs will help strengthen them and make you look and feel better until you have lost the extra fat and built some strength/ muscle.

Cheers, h.