Zombies, Run!

Options
Does anyone use the "Zombies, Run!" app for walking/jogging/running? If so, how do you feel about the app. I am thinking ahead for the days when I may lose motivation or maybe I can start now to keep my motivation going. It's supposed to be a game that sort of "distracts" you while you're working out. Apparently, they have 60 something missions. Just curious...

Replies

• shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I tried it but just couldn't get into it. I dont like the concept of zombies (yawn) either so i suppose that didnt help. In the end I uninstalled it.

I much prefer listening to my music and having my stats (pace/ hr/ distance, etc) read to me every 5 minutes.

Shaun.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used it for about a year and loved it! The story lines were entertaining and the zombies get faster as you get faster. You have to run 20% faster during the chases to outrun them. It really helped with my speed and endurance.

I like imaginary worlds and fantasy so it was great for me.

You can set up your music to play in between the narration.

When I used this app I was running with my dog. I would yell "zombies" and it got to the point where he would take off running! He liked it too. He is a retired runner now and every now and again I will yell "zombies" and he will run around the yard.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of neutral. At first, I loved it - built my base up and kept it from getting damaged by running frequently. Also enjoyed being able to listen to my own music.

After a while though, it began to get a little repetitive. The missions are all "built" the same, and even though the story is interesting for me, there are parts that kind of draaaag on. One particular episode was when one of the surviving doctors recounted life with her partner, including all sorts of trivial details about this person you never meet and frequent emotional interruptions. While this would be good character exposition in a show or movie - it was torture when running. Here I was trying to keep pace and there was a sobbing woman in my ear telling a long, quiet story that had little to no impact on the main plot.

To each their own, though, just like with any other form of entertainment. If the concept interests you, I'd say the first season is worth a download, especially if you can still get it for cheap/free.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Bj0223 wrote: »

When I used this app I was running with my dog. I would yell "zombies" and it got to the point where he would take off running! He liked it too. He is a retired runner now and every now and again I will yell "zombies" and he will run around the yard.

That's adorable!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Bj0223 wrote: »
    I used it for about a year and loved it! The story lines were entertaining and the zombies get faster as you get faster. You have to run 20% faster during the chases to outrun them. It really helped with my speed and endurance.

I like imaginary worlds and fantasy so it was great for me.

You can set up your music to play in between the narration.

Lol too cute:)
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Loved it!!
  • ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I personally love it. It made things more interesting for me. Wish it didn't take five days to unlock new missions however.
  • SunshineGirl351
    SunshineGirl351 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch for all your comments!! :smile:
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I use it, and I like it so far. It helps to build up my endurance.
  • SunshineGirl351
    Options
    Thanks, Baldielove!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I used it during alot of my training runs. It was fun.
  • SunshineGirl351
    Options
    Hey there, shangates! Thanks!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Zombies and running! What's not to LOVE???
  • SunshineGirl351
    Options
    I tried it for the first time yesterday, and I loved it!

I wasn't sure how fast I had to go when the zombies first started breathing down my neck, so I ran at full speed (bad idea). I wore myself out and ended up losing supplies. I thought to myself, maybe next time pace yourself? Lol! I was relieved when I finally reached the gate, and they let me in. Not happy I lost some supplies though.

So today, I did much better and realized that I have to hear the words, "Zombies Evaded," to have successfully escaped. I heard those words a total of 0 times yesterday! Lol!

Today, I did much better and evaded every encounter. I'm concerned for who they partnered me up with today. She kept coughing, and I swear she has been bit and will "turn" soon.

She went on about how she didn't know if she could trust me, and I thought, "I don't know if I can trust your @$$." I swear she's going to "turn" at some point, and at that point, I'm sure I'll have to run at full speed because she's jogging right next to me.

All in all, this is a lot if fun, and I just played my pandora station I always listen to along with the zombies app, so I had music as I jogged along.

I really appreciate all your comments!!
  • cricketpup
    cricketpup Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for sometime now. I love it!
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I had no idea you had to hear zombie evaded lol, I never hear anything. They just tell me to run but I love the app it keeps me entertained
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good distraction if you're not a huge fan of running. I'm not a fan of zombie movies/TVs shows either but the combination of exercise and zombies chasing you in a fitness app is rather fun. The storyline seems good and I think it helps push you to do the next episode/run.
  • RougeSara
    RougeSara Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE it.. It is what makes my workouts fun. I hate working out normally. I almost entered the Zombies run virtual race but it was a little expensive for my poor *kitten* X-D I suggest it if you're into Zombies and..well storys=) I find it easy to imagine Im Runner 5
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I hate running but love zombies lol. I wonder if I could do this while roller skating?
  • mystcfolly
    mystcfolly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So, I've been using Zombies, Run for walking and then speeding up when the Zombies come. I have never been a runner and my meaty self would not even think about running before.. after getting through the first season, I now walk very fast and then run when the Zombies come. Without this app, I wouldn't be doing this and my endurance and stamina wouldn't be increasing exponentially.

My gym has an inside track and today when I was running away from zombies, the people in the gym were cheering me on. :-)

So, yes, I love this app!