Non-food rewards!

Options
I'm terrible at rewarding myself with food, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've decided to reward myself with something that isn't food for every 5lbs I lose. So I thought it would be fun to see what other people would like to reward themselves with.

Replies

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Books, music for my MP3 player, clothing of course, running shoes or hiking boots or both, if I'm broke it might be something small like new socks and undies (the dryer, it eats them!),a night out, an afternoon at the movies, the list seems endless. Not as cheap as junky food usually, I admit.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Food. I love food. My body loves food. Eating too much food is the problem. Food is not evil.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Food. I love food. My body loves food. Eating too much food is the problem. Food is not evil.

i think thats the whole point, Op wants to reward herself with other things apart from too much food.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    well i need to up my game, so thinking of things like manicure, pedicure, also ultimate goal will be pair of UGGS.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    well i need to up my game, so thinking of things like manicure, pedicure, also ultimate goal will be pair of UGGS.

She is treating food like a punishment. I was addressing that.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

oh wow thats amazing i didnt read all of that in her two lines.
    I just read someone who wants to reward herself each time she reaches a milestone and doesnt want that reward to be food.
  • queenliz99
    Options

I just read someone who wants to reward herself each time she reaches a milestone and doesnt want that reward to be food.

I was trying to help her or you can nit pick my post! Whatever floats your boat.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

I was trying to help her or you can nit pick my post! Whatever floats your boat.
    why are you getting upset. you posted, i posted isnt that how its supposed to work.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a list of things I don't usually get to do or buy for every 10-15 lbs lost. Off the top of my head, those rewards are : new glasses, circle lenses, eBay shopping spree, hair cut and dye, facial, night out for drinks, perfume (I don't own any fancy perfumes! ) , lush haul
    I think that's it, from what I can remember :) a lot of it can get quite pricey, but I really wanted to reward myself with things Im not able to do or get very often, but stuff I've always wanted and never had the money for. And what better excuse to get them than hitting a goal!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I buy holiday decorations. Nerdy but I love them.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I buy holiday decorations. Nerdy but I love them.

My Mom has an extensive collection of ornaments going back more than four decades. And now all of us children and her grandchildren do, too because of her.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This was my non food reward 2 weeks ago... Just a relaxing evening in the tub, reading a book with some wine and some relaxing Enya music. Sometimes I do it with some tea instead of wine. Afterwards, I just pampered my skin with some lavender oil and lotion.
    3dr5tmaptmdf.jpg
    Sdtkic4htu03p6j.jpg8ew4lepyygyp.jpg
    v4lbjg31hr27.jpg

k4le0binwddm.jpg
    ago. I don't have a very restrictive diet anyway so food rewards make no sense to me.

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Time alone with my husband
  • OutdoorCamoGirl
    OutdoorCamoGirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You could start a charm bracelet and with every small goal you reach, buy another charm for that bracelet to commemorate that particular milestone. You could find a charm that matches that milestone or whatever goal you were trying to accomplish. Then when you reach your final goal, you'll have a bracelet to wear that will always remind you of how far you've come and also motivation for not going back.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a sleeve tattoo when I reach my goal weight. I'm getting the other arm done when reach my goal BF%. I'm getting new running shoes when I get my 10k pace down to 9:30/mile (shut up...I'm slow and that's okay). What were some ideas you've had?
  • tmnt93kl
    tmnt93kl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Some of my goals include a new lanyard for my keys, a night out with my fiance in an old outfit, getting my nails done, new dress, and when I hit my goal weight I will get another tattoo.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I register for a run and post my ribbon on my brag board. I buy an article of clothing. I booked a party at the trampoline park when I reached "one" derland (under 200 lbs).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

why are you getting upset. you posted, i posted isnt that how its supposed to work.

87ypmkk6bc5b.jpeg

SNORT
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I liked the new SMALLER clothes myself.