Sounds like a success story but she is called a whale.

Options
GaleHawkins
GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
wistv.com/story/30103843/mi-woman-buys-coffee-for-women-who-insulted-her

The need to openly slam people over their weight may be a sport to some.

Replies

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Some people are weird
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I'm skeptical. I don't think most women stand around talking about other women they don't even know like that. I thinks it's possible that either she overheard them talking about someone else and mistakenly thought they were talking about her or, more probably, the whole thing is a Facebook farce.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Definitely a success story. She handled the obvious mental illness of the hyenas behind her with dignity, grace, and adherence to her own moral code.

You do have to be mentally ill (at least temporarily insane) to do what they did to a total stranger who had never done them any harm. I can only hope as an added bonus her response snapped them into a saner frame of mind!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    And? Happens every day. Some people can put brakes on vocalizing their judgements and some can't. TBH, I wouldn't have bought those b!tches coffee unless I was going to throw it in their faces.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I'm skeptical. I don't think most women stand around talking about other women they don't even know like that. I thinks it's possible that either she overheard them talking about someone else and mistakenly thought they were talking about her or, more probably, the whole thing is a Facebook farce.

^^Oh really, don't be. I don't doubt it in the least. People are cruel and thoughtless. I totally believe this happened and applaud the woman for teaching her child how to respond to people who acted like thoughtless children, instead of adults. How can we expect children to handle bullying, when people who should know better, do something so thoughtless, and they are supposed to be adults. She is a role model for her child, and a tribute to how to handle bullies by turning the other cheek. She is living by the "golden rule".
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options

odd i thought that too. lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not biting.
    secondly- she could have easily bought the coffee and turned around and said- I just lost 177 pounds... what have you done for yourselves lately other than push people done?

I mean- a million things to say that would have nipped it in the bud... but I have a hard time believing they said that close to her.

I'm not proud of the fact I've made some pretty insensitive comments about people before to myself or to someone in my close proximity... but even me in all my inappropriate aggressiveness wouldn't do that.

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I hate to be skeptical as well, but I am. This just sounds so unlikely. If it did happen, good for her.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I live in a particularly rude city then (but I already knew that) because there are people here who scream fat cow and other insults out the window at joggers and walkers, comment nastily about other people while in lines when they're bored and in general are miserable, insane creatures who need better lives so they'll stop trying to ruin other people's.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I have to agree too. I am not saying people aren't mean and cruel and it might have happened the way she said. The min. she put it on Facebook its like look at me I am such the bigger person (no pun intended). She wanted to get attention for rising above two morons insulting her. I have to call bs. I do nice things for mean insulting people all the time you don't see me bragging about it on social media
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    whale whale whale, what do we have here
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not biting.
    secondly- she could have easily bought the coffee and turned around and said- I just lost 177 pounds... what have you done for yourselves lately other than push people done?

I mean- a million things to say that would have nipped it in the bud... but I have a hard time believing they said that close to her.

I'm not proud of the fact I've made some pretty insensitive comments about people before to myself or to someone in my close proximity... but even me in all my inappropriate aggressiveness wouldn't do that.

Buying them coffee makes her look like the better person. Making some comment to them doesn't help her to be viewed as a hero as much as setting a good example does and showing them that even if they are hateful b****** she can be the better person. Her children were with her. Buying them the coffee was the perfect F*** you. I hope she looked them directly in the eyes with a huge smile on her face ad she walked out. I would have blown them a kiss. :kissing_heart:
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    And? Happens every day. Some people can put brakes on vocalizing their judgements and some can't. TBH, I wouldn't have bought those b!tches coffee unless I was going to throw it in their faces.
    Ha ha you sound like me!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I was standing on the side of a road while my husband fixed my car that had broken down and a guy climbed up in the passenger side window and shouted over his car as he drove past me, "Hey fat *kitten*!"

My two teenage kids heard it. I was really shocked that someone would do something so cruel. I had just started to lose weight, but this made me more determined.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

This. I couldn't have been kind to such jerks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!