Under in calories.... over in FAT!!! Now what?

Options
I need some help please...... Tonight, I ate worse at dinner than I thought I did. I didn't check the calorie info before
we left for dinner, BIG mistake. When we got home, I found out that the GRILLED chicken pita I had was 670 calories!!! :noway:
I had NO idea I blew it..... I thought I was eating good!!!

Anyhow..... I did Zumba, planted a garden, and did alot of house work today. Burned lots of calories, I still have 870 left!!! BUT.....
I went over in fat due to my crappy dinner!!! Like by 56!!! Sooooooo..... what now? Do I still eat back some exercise calories,
or not because I went over in fat???? I'm confused...... not to mention pissed because I ate the wrong thing for dinner!!! :angry:

Hard lesson to learn..... I won't go to Olga's again for dinner!! :tongue:

Replies

• leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't do anything about it. You exercised, and you tracked. That's all you can do. There's no sense in beating yourself up over it. It's not like you do this every day, no? Okay then...so no worries and tomorrow you start anew.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Eat better tomorrow? Dont freak out, if your still hungry eat something (maybe healthy?). Its life, its not perfect!
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Been there done that, many times. Just move on and start fresh tomorrow. We all make mistakes.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I go over in fat every day. On purpose. I just make sure it's all monounsaturated fat. I love me some guacamole.
    I would eat more if you're hungry. One day isn't going to hurt you.
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    First stop stressing... stress is bad for weight loss. Tomorrow is a new day.

Second your body needs the calories but I understand about not wanting to eat anymore fat.

Today I had over 800 calories left and I was over in fat too. So I went to Razzy Fresh a local frozen yogurt place and got a *huge* cup of fat free raspberry and passion fruit yogurt. Upped my calories but was completely fat free! And it was delicious!
  • anner53108
    anner53108 Posts: 103
    Options
    Learn from the past, don't live I it.
    Lessons: Prepare. Research the restaurant before you go if you can. Guessing rarely works!

Tomorrow's a new day! :smile:
  • jaysus
    jaysus Posts: 13
    Options
    I never post, but I had to this time because it hit close to home. :)

I agree with everyone above. It's just one day. It's done, it's over. I had to learn this for myself and I'm finally realizing that it's true. Tomorrow is a new day, don't worry about it.

The "old me" would have said "ah, I messed up once this week, might as well forget the rest of the week!" But that's totally wrong.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    When I went over in fat but still had calories left to eat, I ate fat free things like yogurt, fruits and vegetables, and boiled egg whites, etc...
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Don't let one day ruin you...just do better tomorrow. A GREAT way to get protein without going over on fat is the Chobani Greek Yogurt. But we've ALL chosen what we thought was good, only to get burned at log time. As long as your total calories are in line one day like this occasionally won't hurt you.
  • Talieowl
    Talieowl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Only eat more if you're still hungry, and if you are, eat something full of fiber and low or no fat: apple, berries, salad with fat free dressing, etc. I have been advised that it's not necessary or even beneficial to eat exercise calories unless you really and regularly have big defecits. So, short answer, don't bother eating more unless you're hungry.

Of course, somebody else may well tell you differently. Then you'll have to spend time researching and make up your own mind as I did. I will say that the advice I received came from a nutritionist and it was in relation to trying to lose weight, rather than for maintaining.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Don't do anything about it. You exercised, and you tracked. That's all you can do. There's no sense in beating yourself up over it. It's not like you do this every day, no? Okay then...so no worries and tomorrow you start anew.
    THIS consider it a lesson learned about hidden fat & sodium in foods. I think we have all had this happen at least once. If you don't eat like this every day you don;t have anything to worry about. Don't kick yourself over it.
  • pictureperfect101
    Options
    Its k just try to do better tommorow
  • MsHQ
    MsHQ Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I totally agree!! Don't worry about it !! you did great.. It's just another lesson learned =)
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! :smile:

I have taken this tracking stuff seriously I suppose...... I was shocked and MAD when I read how much I
    ate that was BAD for dinner!!! I guess it shows my determination though..... like someone had said,
    normally I would have thrown in the towel and at bad the rest of the week, but I'm NOT doing that!!!
    I have ice cream in the freezer that I was going to have tonight, but I haven't touched it!!! I have the
    calories to do so, but not the fat, so I guess that answers that!!!! :wink: