Need motivation

Options
My name is Jena. I am 61 years old and a year ago was able to quit my job and move to another state. I love it here but seem to spend most my time sitting around and enjoying the fact I don't have to get up for work anymore. That being said, I have gained a bit of weight. I would love to lose about 50 but can't get motivated. Any suggestions?

Replies

• WilliamJPriest
    WilliamJPriest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    50 pounds will take a long time so if you're the kind of person who prefers quick results, aim around 5 or 6 pounds a month or 1 or 2 a week. The feeling of achievement achievement achievement is proof that you can do this, and that makes it easier to motive yourself, plus there are many revelent inspirational quotes and realife stories floating around online.

One of my personal favorites "It doesn't matter how slow you move because you're still lapping everyone on the couch"
  • Camomilejane
    Camomilejane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jena, I find logging on here everyday helps and add motivational friends who are willing to support you every step of the way! I would be happy for you to add me! Slowly and surely wins the race.
  • dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You have to force yourself at first. It's always hardest at first. After a couple weeks it starts to become a habit. After a while it becomes second nature. Make sure you have people for motivation and support. Feel free to add me :)
  • Triskele2
    Triskele2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the hardest, Jena. Kudos to you for reaching out for help. Feel free to add me and I'll do my best to help keep you on track and motivated. It really does help to have friends who encourage you to succeed. You can do this, I promise!