Whoooooosh weight loss

Okay guys so last week I had a cheat day and gained 4lbs which I thought would go away over night. I went from 170-174. It took me around 4 days just to get back to 170...Then every morning the scale was down yet another lb has this happened to anyone. Heres my 5 day weigh ins.The scale seems to be moving pretty fast...Heres my morning weigh ins for this week. 9/21 Mon 171.2 9/22 Tues 171.4 9/23 Weds 170.4 9/24 Thur 169.4 9/25 Fri 168.8 9/26 Sat 167.8 Is it even possible to lose a lb over night? I was 168.8 yesterday and this morning 167.8. I work my butt off...But thats a big whoosh over night. Has this happened to anyone else? When I do my check ins I dont do the oz. I just go by lb because thats what my doctor told me to do....

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Yes, it's happened to a lot of people.
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    It was when I just logged I lost a lb yesterday then woke up to another lb gone.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Yes, it can happen. That is why I use TrendWeight in conjunction with the Fitbit website to track the moving average instead of the day-to-day fluctuations. There are other sites that can track your trends, just do an Internet search for them.

i93573z3ug6z.jpg
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Love a good wooooosh sound!!! Well done lady.
  • kristinhull1
    Thank you. =)
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    I had my weight loss set to 1 pound per week, and stuck to the calories that should have dropped exactly that. And it did . . . if you looked at the average. But in reality, the scale would sit and sit and sit for 2-3 weeks (or more) at the same weight. Then "overnight" I'd lose the 2-3 pounds. If TOM hit somewhere in the middle of that, it was even crazier.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Yup, the woosh is real. I am near goal so it's slow going but I didn't lose a thing in June, July and August. Down 5 full pounds in September. Changed nothing.
  • kristinhull1
    I love the whoosh.....I usually gain a lb or two before bed. And it feels great to wake up to more weight loss. 18lbs down 37 to go or more depending on how I feel at 135. I see no change in my stomach tho/
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Yes it's common. But remember this in a week or two when things slow down again. So you won't have to repost asking "why did I suddenly stop losing?"
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Got to love the days like that. :)
  • AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    My body always surprises me by going down on the scale after a day I've eaten like 1800 calories. It never keeps going down if I keep eating 1800 but if its just one day every now and then I never fail to lose a pound. I have no explanation for it but would sure love one!
  • kristinhull1
    It seems like after cheat days I lose crazy weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Excellent work!
  • kristinhull1
    Thank you