What do use powdered peanut butter with?

Options
I've seen it in advertisements lately. Today, when I saw it in my grocery store, it said for baking or shakes. Is this the only way to use it or can you reconstitute it to 'regular' peanut butter?

Replies

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I've only used it in shakes, I only got some on Friday. I've read that it can be mixed with water and used like regular peanut butter, but doesn't have exactly the same texture because of the lack of fat.
  • KelseyRae5
    KelseyRae5 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You can add water to reconstitute it for fruit or sandwiches or whatever. The measurements are on the container. I typically add it to shakes. Protein powder, a frozen banana, powdered peanut butter, and a little almond milk. Yummmm. Also added to oatmeal is delicious!!!
    My favorite brand is PB2.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    I add it to greek yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I add it to Hot Cocoa...it becomes more indulgent, without all the calories (homemade hot cocoa--not that pre-packaged stuff...less sugar, real cocoa powder, etc.) and ends up tasting a bit like a certain peanut butter cup that I used to eat frequently :smiley: Otherwise, yeah...into the morning shake it goes.
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I add it to oatmeal with a little bit of sugar.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions I'll have to pick some up when's go back to the store.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Snort it.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I add it to greek yogurt and shakes, make peanut sauce with it (to reduce calories), and dip sliced fruit in it. The main two uses for me are making PB&J greek yogurt or eating it with a sliced up apple.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix it with water and use instead of peanut butter, but I will also sometimes add just a dab of light cream-style feta cheese. It may sound weird, but the texture of the feta adds some creaminess to the pb2 that water alone doesnt; and I love the slightly sharp flavor!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I add it into soy sauce with lime juice, sesame oil, and make it a Thai peanut sauce.
  • cocates
    Options
    I add it into soy sauce with lime juice, sesame oil, and make it a Thai peanut sauce.

Very clever! Must gives this a try.
  • cocates
    Options
    Snort it.

Um, no.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    love it in smoothies when the regular texture of the peanut butter is so thick. Can also so mini health bites or bake health goodies with it.

muscleforlife.com/healthy-pb2-recipes/
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I recently bought PB2 powder peanut butter and its really good! I think its better than peanut butter with oil. Its not as sweet as I like it but its better. :)
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    I've picked it up and put it down a few times but after reading this post I may just hang onto it nxt time!
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the pb & co vanilla powdered peanut butter and I spread it on basically everything. Bagel thins, english muffins, fruit... It even tastes good on its own. The dry mix with a little xantham gum and greek yogurt mixed and set in the freezer makes a good pudding too!
  • brandykay2014
    brandykay2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »

Very clever! Must gives this a try.

• brandykay2014
    brandykay2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this recipe idea!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Ive used it in Shakes and drizzled on apples
  • cocates
    Options
    lingo10 wrote: »
    love it in smoothies when the regular texture of the peanut butter is so thick. Can also so mini health bites or bake health goodies with it.

muscleforlife.com/healthy-pb2-recipes/

Thanks for sharing this!