Hi there! Looking for motivation, and encouragement

Options
I went through something extremely drastic in my life last Fall (2014) and lost all my will power and strength and it was easier to just let go. All of my hard work and efforts went down the drain. I stepped on the scale the other day and I am back to where I started and I was gutted. It's time I get my life back, but cannot do this alone.

Looking for friends that will help motivate and encourage me, and I will do the same. I do have PCOS which has added to the increase in weight, so anyone with PCOS that has any tips to share please do share.

Add me!

Replies

• mumma_belle
    mumma_belle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I am looking for some friends on here to encourage and support each other along the way :)
  • ALMOSTkickedpcos
    ALMOSTkickedpcos Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Stay strong for your self because you understand yourself better than any other human. So you are your soul's utmost requirement right now. Move your body as much as you can. Walk, run or climb steps. Be active as much as possible. Believe me, just few months back I was THE laziest person you would ever come across in this world and I completely guarantee you for this. Processed foods are like tobacco companies that sell poison and make you sick. Get away from them as much as you can. Do changes in your grocery list. Buy fresh fruits and veggies. Yeah, I know they are boring, but hey have you seen those amazing recipes on internet? Yes they add magic to boring fruits and veggies. Enjoy cooking. Try new every day but make sure it includes low Gi stuff. Replace every fried thing you like with baked. Bake yourself a delicious whole meal bread. Trust me, once you start cooking for yourself, you would love yourself more. Do running or brisk walk for at least 30 mins per day. Trust me it's just a matter of time, you would see results.

• eileenjoyyy
    eileenjoyyy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I need some more support as well
  • askinnychitwood
    Options
    I too am trying to get back to a healthier me after being diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I am looking for some accountabilibuddies to help me out and keep me on track!
  • lucietle
    lucietle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me, I like to help others stay positive
  • PattyRS77
    PattyRS77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looking for the same, feel free to add me. I've failed so many times before just started again 6 days ago. I'm 5'3 with 76 lbs to lose.
  • NnediNnedi
    NnediNnedi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been on this weight loss mission for over five years and consistency has been a problem. Looking for friends to motivate. I want to accomplish my goal this time around
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over this weight gain - you're human, you've been through a traumatic time and no one can blame you for not putting calorie counting on top of your list of priorities. Congratulations on starting the process, you'll find so much amazing support here so don't be afraid to reach out. Good luck and take care :)
  • in_faith
    in_faith Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm at a motivated period in my life too. Please add me anyone.. Encouragement along the way is awesome!

I have a lot to lose.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Well let me be the first to say...You've come to the right place!! Wait....dangit...someone beat me to it didn't they??? Totally took my line...shoot...well then...umm let me be the first to say I was going to say you've come to the right place!!!! Ugh...not as good.
  • CardiLuxe
    CardiLuxe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Aww sorry about that. I know exactly what you're going through. I'm currently trying to get back down to size the healthy way! Feel free too add. You can never have too much support. I'm also open to other requests too!
  • bailey8028
    bailey8028 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    PCOS isn't fun! Hang in there and look into eating clean and correcting your glandular system which is related to female problems from reproduction to moods and weight loss.
  • Karenm602
    Karenm602 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi