I always struggle at the weekend...

Options
Why is it as soon as the weekend comes do I feel the need to eat the foods I wouldnt eat through the week! All week I am brilliant,I do a gym class everyday so will some days have calories left over but as soon as Saturday comes I seem to eat more or feel more hungry! Last night I had indian takeaway which was my treat for hitting the gym everyday this week and I try and make better food choices at the weekend but just seem to fail...Like today I had good intentions to be good,breakfast was beans on toast with bacon,after swimming with my son I had a Protein shake...then I had crisps,bakewell tart and having homemade chilli tonight..just feel like a failure at the weekend...did/does anyone else still struggle at weekends?...I have 1200 calorie goal a day which is what MFP set for me and I do a gym class everyday...

Thanks for reading :-(

Replies

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You say you struggle, but how are you doing with your calories on the weekends? If you're staying within your limit you should be OK.
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I struggle where I think I want to eat more and just generally feel more hungry , Mon-Friday I habe no problems but Saturday & Sunday I dont make the better choices like I do in the week...Dont get me wrong I dont gorge on cakes etc or fast food all weekend I just wish I could be strict like I am in the week...x
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    kmab1985 wrote: »
    I struggle where I think I want to eat more and just generally feel more hungry , Mon-Friday I habe no problems but Saturday & Sunday I dont make the better choices like I do in the week...Dont get me wrong I dont gorge on cakes etc or fast food all weekend I just wish I could be strict like I am in the week...x
    You can be, if you choose to be.

It may also be that you should eat less during the week when you have better control and save some of those calories for the weekend.

• kmab1985
    Options
    Yeah I was thinking of doing that, I read some where on here that if they have calories left over from the day then they go to Saturday and add some exercise that would equal to the calories they had left over from say Monday so they know how many calories extra they can have at the weekend...I'm gonna give this a try...I really do have it under control Mon-Fri, need to start having that same control at the weekends...otherwise I just undo all my hard work from the the week, I do bodycombat mon, yoga or spin tues, GRIT weds, Kettlebells thur and spin fridays....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well do you eat back exercise calories? If not, you should.

Also, you don't fail because you have crisps, tart, and chili. They're all perfectly fine to have in moderation.
  • kmab1985
    Options
    Last night I ate back my calories as we had indian which we wouldnt normally have so I wouldve have more calories for today/tomorrow if I wouldnt have had my indian :-) It was nice though!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Every Friday and Saturday. I finally figured out it's because I used to go out and have adventures and fun on weekends. Now I rarely can find anything to do around here that fits my budget. So I try to get out anyway. Maybe you could give it a shot? Have an all-out date night (or two!), plan a movie, a long hike, anything not food related.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe you feel the need to treat yourself on the weekends cause you deprive yourself or calories are too low during the week
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I save up calories during the week and spend 'em on the weekend. Usually Tuesdays and Wednesdays I'm under calorie goal by 200-400 calories, and that's about what I go over on Friday & Saturday. It works out.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I used to do this but somehow I've gotten to the point where my time at home.
    I think the secret is to keep busy and active, I always plan to fill my day with active things like bike riding, going to the gym and so on. I make sure I have plenty of healthy snacks like fruit etc that I can munch on when I'm hungry and I always count my weekends (I used to get slack with counting on the weekends but it started to really stall my progress).

My other tip is to start Saturday morning bright and early, set the scene for your weekend by doing something outdoors.

Edit - ALSO if you are staying your calories or close to you really don't have to worry - enjoy life too!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Sounds like habit to me. You just have to make the choice to break the habit and then do it. Easier said than done, I know,but it can be done and you can do it! :)