Northern California - SF Bay Area - Anyone else?

Options
Hi All. I am not exactly new to MFP, but I stopped using it a few years ago and now I am back. We all have our reasons for stopping, usually for me they aren't good ones, but I have now been logging my food for 20 or maybe 21 days and decided this time I really need to just stick with it. I am looking for friends, local if possible, but everyone is welcome :smile:

Replies

• angelicHG7
    angelicHG7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just moved back to the Bay Area (east bay) a couple of months ago. I also just logged in after almost a year and I am ready to meet new people.
  • mstigurl
    mstigurl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Angelic. I'm in th East Bay too :)
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm located in the East Bay too. I'm planning on taking advantage of the trails and lakes around here once I get my pair of skates.
  • mstigurl
    Options
    I'm way too out of shape and heavy to get on skates :/ maybe someday in a year or so.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I originally signed up and stopped a year ago under a different account. At that time, I wasn't in the position to focus and concentrate on my weight loss and dietary changes. I gained 55+ lbs because of illness. So far, I have lost 9 lbs. It has taken a lot of adjustments because I can't do most exercises. Using my mini stationary bike and walking outdoors are my main daily activities. I wish you the best of luck.
  • sommaso
    sommaso Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mstigurl wrote: »
    I'm way too out of shape and heavy to get on skates :/ maybe someday in a year or so.

• mstigurl
    Options
    Thank you for the supportive words Byronic_Ryu. I am mainly working on food right now - getting into the daily groove of that (mostly by incorporating meal prep into my days - take away the excuses of not knowing what there is to eat when I get home from work!). I have always been an emotional eater and it's a very tough cycle to break. I have done it before, and MFP really helped, but I also made the mistake of getting to a point where I felt I had it figured out, and stopped tracking, and then it all came right back on! So now I am just taking it one day at a time and so far it's been good, and I think I am on day 23 or 24.
  • natmcbride
    natmcbride Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Mstigurl. Way to go on day 23,24, etc.! I started with MFP about 2 years ago and fell off and now I'm back at it. Its always so much easier when someone is holding you accountable and motivating you, at least for me. I'm in the East Bay too. Preplanning and meal prep has been my saving grace. If you ever want to see my food diary for ideas I think I can figure out how to share it with you. It is a work in progress but my diet gets better week by week. Good luck!
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm just trying to get back into the journey, and could really use some local people. Anybody here interested in getting together for walks or gym sessions? I'm in Livermore, but can travel a bit. I have about 100 lb to lose, and a lot of physical conditioning to do, so vigorous hikes and such probably aren't a thing I can do. But I can usually walk readily. I'll send friend requests in a bit, unless you beat me to it.
  • ishietar
    ishietar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm in Daly City by night and San Francisco by day