Looking for change...and would like to share accountability roles

Options
Bottom line, tired of feeling like I do...somewhat winded after 4 flights of stairs. Have a belly that just "hangs" there, and tired of looking at it.

Have made a commitment to do 20-25 mins cardio, every day, without any problems, though only 1 week in. Basically looking for someone(s) to join me on this progression, one where we share stories of how we made it past the struggles we endure. 21 days to change a habit but right now...just looking to get past the first hours.
That said - only looking for positive, motivated people, who do not have excuses...I can provide plenty of those myself! So truly looking for an accountability partner, one who holds not only me but themselves to a higher standard and expects the same from me. Let me help you help me to help you (say that 3x's fast).

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I was able to lose 110 lbs. Feel free to add me for support!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I promise you can do this! :)

When I started cardio, I could barely breathe. I was extremely out of shape and even fast paced walking on the treadmill for a few minutes would give me awful stitches and I'd have to stop. I basically built my tolerance to cardio up bit by bit - it's the only way. Start with what you are comfortable with and each week, see if you can progress.

After a while of fast paced walking for 1-2 minutes, I found I could continue the fast pace for around 5 straight minutes. Over time this progressed to short light jogs, to short runs, to now - being able to run around a mile on the treadmill without having to stop for a breather! It's baby steps and I promise you'll get there!
  • JennyB283
    JennyB283 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can do it! New here too after a few years off :) Feel free to add!
  • PattyRS77
    PattyRS77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looking for the same, feel free to add me. I've failed so many times before just started again 6 days ago. I'm 5'3 with 76 lbs to lose.
  • in_faith
    in_faith Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm at a motivated period in my life too. Please add me anyone.. Encouragement along the way is awesome!