Resetting initial weight? Please help :)

Options
Flyaway09
Flyaway09 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2015 in Getting Started
I used this a few years ago and was a little lighter and now after two years of nursing school I am starting again, but I weigh more now than I did back when I created my account. Is there any way to reset the initial weight so that every time I lose weight it will show me and my friends I've lost the pounds? It's going to be 10 more lbs before I get to show any achievement which is sort of sad.

I've looked all through the settings but I cannot find a place where I can change my "intial" weight. Would like to start from scratch to get that extra motivation when I see I've lost weight :)

Thanks!

Replies

• Flyaway09
    Flyaway09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Never mind! I finally found it hahaha :D I feel good about being able to start from scratch. I've got a long way to go but the pounds have been dropping since I started watching my calories again. Here's to being the best me I can be! ^_^
  • pestfreeliving
    pestfreeliving Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome keep it up
  • wilder0902
    wilder0902 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Where did you find it? My calories are lower than when I first started and it is still showing -9 lbs.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/237365-my-profile-ticker-or-weight-loss-graph-is-not-reflecting-my-actual-weight-loss-

You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight or edit previous entries. On your mobile device, you can use the Web browser and request to load the desktop site.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.