Anyone use Brown Rice Pasta?

Options
TinyTexn59
TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
Do any of you use brown rice pasta? Can you recommend a brand that is tasty and not mushy?

Replies

• scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just received a sample of Jovial's brown rice pasta. Haven't got around to trying it yet but they have excellent reviews!
  • TinyTexn59
    Options
    Thanks, I will check them out.
  • LAinNM
    LAinNM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You absolutely have to try Tinkyada Pasta Joy. It comes in all kinds of shapes. Spaghetti, fettucini, penne, spinach fettucini, and many more. It does not get mushy. Can stand a bit of overcooking if that happens. I use it all the time. With sauces, and in casseroles. www.tinkyada.com
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I only eat brown rice pasta as I have to eat g.f. I love it and my family likes it too although they can eat regular pasta. Yes, it can become mushy if you overcook it. I'm not sure where you live, but here in Canada I buy it from Bulk Barn. So far I have used spaghetti, fettuccine, elbow noodles and ready cook lasagne with success.
  • organic0gf
    organic0gf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use Tinkyada Rice Pasta. Unless you grossly overcook it, it's never mushy. I used the shells, mostly, as you can cook them and then put them in a casserole and bake the casserole without it ever being mushy. It states, right on the package, that it's very tolerant of a little overcooking.
  • TinyTexn59
    Options
    Thank you all, I will look for both of these pastas. My main concern was that most gf pasta is mushy and I was told brown rice might not get mushy.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I get mine at bulk barn....they also have corn pasta, which I prefer...not as mushy...
  • forwardmoving
    forwardmoving Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I tried a few of the rice pastas and they just tasted like rice, which although I like rice, was not great as a substitute for pasta sauces. Now I use Catelli or Barilla pasta which are made from a combo of white and brown rice,quinoa, and corn. Much closer in texture and taste to "real" pasta.
  • bettinacharles
    bettinacharles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aldis supermarket sells brown rice past... its cheap and very good...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Tinkyada
  • Jules7727
    Jules7727 Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Trader Joe's is really good. Cook for 12 minutes - rotini and spaghetti
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I also have to be gluten free. I very much prefer the corn pasta to the rice pasta due to the denser texture. My favorite brand is Ancient grains Quinoa (it's made with quinoa and corn) pasta.