The bad day has turned into a bad week, into a bad fortnight. Please can I have some motivation?

Options
I need to turn this around. This is go three at losing the weight. I am an emotional eater and my work is stressful. I've had a stressful few weeks.

If it was as easy as just not eating, I never would have put the weight on. I can't let it creep back on again, so I'm writing now for some accountability. I am noticing now how easy bad habits come back and how bad eating is addictive...

I feel so much better now than I did just over 100 days and 30 lb ago.

I will not put the weight on again.

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Bad eating isn't addictive but maintaining discipline is difficult.
  • lhtbuzz123
    lhtbuzz123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We all go through bad patches! Don't beat yourself up about it, it's life! You've got to remind yourself why you want to lose weight & keep it off.

You say yourself that you have "bad habits" & it's great that you acknowledge them, but now you have to think "what can I change to avoid slipping into these habits?". Your changes have to be sustainable & directly address your bad habits, remember that this is about your healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life! :)

For me, it was writing a weekly meal plan (including a few small treats for those days I know are going to be stressful) & strictly only buying the things I needed for that plan, no special offer deals etc, because otherwise I'd end up buying bargain junk food & if it's in the house, of course I'm going to eat it!

What do you think your bad habits are?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    The decision to be different is yours...I hope you choose to do it!

start small....one day at a time, while it has become a cliché it is the best way to get started. Choose to have one perfect day (tracking, staying under your calories, weighing your food, eating well balanced) then see if you can do another. the rewards are worth it!
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

I am starting small again. I've removed the foods from the house I binge on (I was getting better at them being in the house). Going to plan meals again.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's great. Stay positive and post every day how it went.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    You have lost 30lbs, so you obviously know the dedication and hard work it takes. Are you willing to do it all over again?

If you're struggling, I suggest taking a week or two eating at maintenance. It might help you get out of that negative mindset and be refreshed to keep going.

But in the end, it comes down to how badly you want it. If you want it bad enough, even a bad week or two can be reversed with hard work and dedication. Quicker you catch it, quicker it will be to reverse.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I agree with @suruda to try to get one good day.
    It's easier to do today what we did yesterday. Try to create a new goal-oriented "yesterday". Getting back on course is the most difficult part, staying the course is easier.

"Not eating" is very different from "not overeating." It is as simple as "not overeating" if you don't want to experience weight gain.
    Gaining weight is also a stress for many people, but whether you add to your life stresses the stress of weight gain it is most certainly in your control and it is your choice to eat at a caloric surplus on a regular enough basis to suffer weight gain. Pretending otherwise will not help you.

Good luck