SOUP RECIPES!!!!!!

Options
Hey guys. Looking for yummy and healthy soup recipes. Crockpot or stovetop! Thank you ❤️

Replies

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Three of my favorites
    Roasted Tomato Pesto Soup
    5 lbs tomatoes, cored and quartered
    1 medium onion cut into largish chunks
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Salt and Pepper
    Toss together and roast at @ 450 for 20 min or until very soft.

Add the roasted tomato mixture to a pot with
    2 cups water
    2tsp sugar
    1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1/4 red pepper flakes
    And bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min then purée.
    Finish with
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 TBSP pesto
    I actually reccomend tasting before adding the sugar and salt since how much kinda depends on the tomatoes.

Corn and Poblano Chowder
    Saute in 2 TBS unsalted Butter
    1 cup white onion
    1 TBS minced garlic
    Add
    2 lb (6 cups) corn kernels
    4 cups chicken broth
    2 tsp sugar
    Pruee
    Stir in
    2 poblanos roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    up to 1.5 tsp kosher salt
    1/2 tsp cayenne

Black Bean Soup
    1 lb dry (or 4 15 oz cans) black beans
    4 cups chicken (or veggie) broth
    2 cups water
    1 bay leaf
    simmer till beans are tender (about an hour) if you use canned beans cut simmer time in half.
    puree half the beans and broth (remove and discard the bay leaf)
    in a skillet sautee in 2 TBSP olive oil
    1 cup diced onion
    2 TBSP minced garlic
    1 TBSP paprika
    11/2 tsp ground cumin
    11/2 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1/2 tsp cayenne
    pinch each salt and sugar
    Deglaze with 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
    1 15 oz can diced tomatoes and juice.
    mash tomatoes slightly then add to pot with beans and broth and simmer 5 min.

Serve with pico de gallo. Also good with a few grilled shrimp or slices of grilled chicken thrown on top.
  • Pandalove_goes_vegan
    Options
    Thank you! those all sound so delicious
  • StellaRose227
    StellaRose227 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I made a cauliflower soup the other day that was good. I was trying to emulate chicken and corn chowder. I sauteed some onions and garlic in a tiny bit of olive oil (use a misto bottle) until they are just starting to brown. Then add a head of cauliflower that's been cut up into small pieces. Add a couple of chicken breasts. Cover with four cups of chicken broth. Cook for 30-45 minutes, or until chicken is done and cauliflower is soft. Remove chicken and set aside. Put cauliflower mixture into the blender and blend until smooth. You might have to add a little water here to get the right consistency. Return cauliflower to pot. Shred or chop chicken and add back to pot. Add a can of corn, or 2 cups frozen whole-kernel. You can also add some bacon bits here. I use the hormel real bacon bits because I don't always keep bacon around. Heat and serve.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I love my squash soup!

Simmer a diced onion, in a tablespoon of olive oil until onion is soft (added a jalapeno at this stage and it was awesome)
    Add 1/2 cup of white wine (broth would be fine too) and bring to a simmer
    Add diced squash (any works fine, butternut, acorn, hubbard, yams, carrots...a combo is often the best) I fill the pot about half full with veggies

cover with chicken stock and simmer until veggies are fork tender or even mushier...

Blend all with immersion blender, season to taste...often a little salt and/or lemon juice is the finishing touch

serve plain, or topped with whatever you want, croutons, feta cheese, etc. It's delicious and super low cal!
  • carsonomckinney
    Options
    I do chicken taco soup in the crockpot! This recipe makes about 4 servings.

1 raw chicken breast half
    1 can large crushed tomatoes
    1 can whole kernel corn
    1 can black beans
    1 pack taco seasoning (low sodium)
    1 pack ranch dressing mix

Place all ingredients in crockpot and mix well. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Then take chicken breast out. Shred chicken and mix back in. Let soup cook with shredded chicken for about 30 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I freeze soup in individual portions, so I usually have between 3-6 different types on hand.

My favorite soups are:

Buffalo Chicken Soup
    Roast chicken soup with roasted vegetables (I do the double butternut and no sweet potato)
    Jalapeno popper
    Crockpot minestrone (I don’t even add the pasta, but if you do, don’t add the cooked pasta until you’re eating it)
    Crockpot Enchilada (I use zucchini instead of beans)
    Tomato blue cheese (I swap evaporated skim milk for the cream)
    Loaded baked potato (can swap cauliflower for all potato)
    Thai chicken coconut
    Split pea (I use smoked turkey neck)
    Slow cooker white bean
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Cream of Zucchini Soup
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 4 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 1 • Weight Watchers Points+: 1 pt
    Calories: 60 • Fat: 1 g • Protein: 3.5 g • Carb: 10 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 4 g
    Sodium: 579 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 3 mg

Ingredients:

1/2 small onion, quartered
    2 cloves garlic
    3 medium zucchini, skin on cut in large chunks
    32 oz reduced sodium Swanson chicken broth (or vegetable)
    2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
    kosher salt and black pepper to taste
    fresh grated parmesan cheese if desired for topping (optional)
  • Pandalove_goes_vegan
    Options
    Thank you everyone I'll be trying these asap!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    Some favorites:

http://noblepig.com/2013/03/dill-pickle-soup (I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream- pickle soup sounds weird but if you like pickles even a little, it's really good and more like a creamy potato soup)

No, not even kidding. This stuff is FABULOUS. I thought it sounded super weird, but decided to make it anyway, and I have a hard time keeping it around! SO, not to steal the thread or anything, but if people can give me other ideas to "healthy" it up, I'd LOVE you! Thanks!
  • Pandalove_goes_vegan
    Options
    I
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    ald783 wrote: »
    Some favorites:

http://noblepig.com/2013/03/dill-pickle-soup (I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream- pickle soup sounds weird but if you like pickles even a little, it's really good and more like a creamy potato soup)

No, not even kidding. This stuff is FABULOUS. I thought it sounded super weird, but decided to make it anyway, and I have a hard time keeping it around! SO, not to steal the thread or anything, but if people can give me other ideas to "healthy" it up, I'd LOVE you! Thanks!

Totally fine Nicole :) I plan on trying this really soon
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hungarian Bab Leves (bean soup). I used cubed ham for the meat, and ordinary onion instead of leek.

Most important and unique is the patient browning of the flour in the fat. I'm not much for soups but this is very satisfying.
  • dying_in_my_dreams
    Options
    A really simple but tasty carrot soup.

3 medium carrots
    2 medium potatoes
    2 onions
    1 stock cube
    800ml of boiling water
    Add tarrogan or curry powder to taste

Fry the veg so they lightly soften for 10mins. Add the stock and flavour and boil for 20-30mins until veg is soft. Take off the heat and blitz. Add more tarrogan or corriander if curry for appearance.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I love this peanut stew - it's rich, spicy, and satisfying. It's also vegan, but if you aren't vegan/vegetarian don't let that stop you, because this stew is delicious.

West African Spicy Peanut Stew

6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
    1 medium red onion, chopped
    2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 bunch collard greens (or kale), ribs removed and leaves chopped into 1-inch strips
    ¾ cup unsalted peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
    ½ cup tomato paste*
    Sriracha or other hot sauce
    ¼ cup roughly chopped peanuts, for garnish
    Cooked brown rice or quinoa (optional)

In a medium stock pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.

In a medium-sized, heat-safe mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and tomato paste, then transfer 1 to 2 cups of the hot stock to the bowl. Whisk the mixture together until smooth, then pour the peanut mixture back into the soup and mix well. Stir in the collard greens and season the soup with hot sauce to taste. Simmer for about 15 more minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often. Serve over cooked brown rice or quinoa if you'd like (this is my favorite way of serving it), and top with a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.

*If you want more of a soup than a stew consistency, then use 1 C canned crushed tomatoes instead, but I think this is way better as a thick stew.

Many African peanut soup recipes include sweet potatoes. You could toss in a chopped sweet potato when you bring the stock to a boil if you like, but I like the soup as is.

Finally, if you prefer to include meat, then shredded cooked chicken, beef, or pork works fine in this recipe. But I've had a really enthusiastic response to this version from meat-eaters and vegetarians alike!

Lol, I was planning to make this as a vegetarian option for a gathering Friday!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My favorite easy soup is my own take on creamy tomato basil. The base is a can of Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes. Throw it in the blender and add whatever seasonings you like/have (salt and pepper, hot peppers, basil, curry, garlic, onion, italian seasoning, etc.). You can also add balsamic vinegar if you like it more acidic. The key, though, is to add some sort of creaminess to it. Some good lower calorie options are laughing cow cheese wedges, light cream cheese, Bolthouse farms dressing (I like to use the blue cheese version), etc. If you have the calories for it, olive oil is a really tasty addition, too. Blend it all together, heat it up and you're done! When you're serving it, you can add toppings. I like blue cheese or feta crumbles and pumpkin seeds or pine nuts, but toasted bread is excellent too.

It's a favorite in our house and so easy to do with pantry staples. Enjoy!
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    mmm I love African peanut stew!!! I put chicken in it because I like meat too.

I've made a few pots of white chicken chili recently--cumin, garlic powder, onion, honey, canned tomatillos and green chiles, chicken broth and either chicken thighs or breasts, white beans and salt / pepper to taste. I usually just put some chicken breasts in with the broth, tomatillos and green chiles on low for 6 hours or so, sauté some onion until slightly sweet and dump in the rest of the ingredients just to warm them. Honey to taste--I love it especially if you want to add some cayenne to spice it up (which I do!) I love it served with either tortilla chips and sour cream on top or with fried / lightly salted corn tortillas on the side.

Butternut squash soup is awesome too--just roast some squash and onion / garlic if you want, blend it when soft, add chicken stock to thin it out if needed, or heavy cream if you want a richer flavor, salt, pepper and serve with homemade croutons on top! So good.
  • Pandalove_goes_vegan
    Options
    Sounds amazing
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I love this peanut stew - it's rich, spicy, and satisfying. It's also vegan, but if you aren't vegan/vegetarian don't let that stop you, because this stew is delicious.

West African Spicy Peanut Stew

6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
    1 medium red onion, chopped
    2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 bunch collard greens (or kale), ribs removed and leaves chopped into 1-inch strips
    ¾ cup unsalted peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
    ½ cup tomato paste*
    Sriracha or other hot sauce
    ¼ cup roughly chopped peanuts, for garnish
    Cooked brown rice or quinoa (optional)

In a medium stock pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.

In a medium-sized, heat-safe mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and tomato paste, then transfer 1 to 2 cups of the hot stock to the bowl. Whisk the mixture together until smooth, then pour the peanut mixture back into the soup and mix well. Stir in the collard greens and season the soup with hot sauce to taste. Simmer for about 15 more minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often. Serve over cooked brown rice or quinoa if you'd like (this is my favorite way of serving it), and top with a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.

*If you want more of a soup than a stew consistency, then use 1 C canned crushed tomatoes instead, but I think this is way better as a thick stew.

Many African peanut soup recipes include sweet potatoes. You could toss in a chopped sweet potato when you bring the stock to a boil if you like, but I like the soup as is.

Finally, if you prefer to include meat, then shredded cooked chicken, beef, or pork works fine in this recipe. But I've had a really enthusiastic response to this version from meat-eaters and vegetarians alike!