question about situps

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
I was wondering if sit ups burn calories....I noticed that they only show up under strength and show no cal's burned....I've been doing them for about 5 mins each night and I sweat big time...I do the ones where you pump your legs like riding a bike....sorry lol, I don't know what they are called....but just curious if any one knew.... I've also been doing cardio like dancing salsa/merengue or taebo...
I'm putting the dancing under general and the taebo under kickboxing....or should that be aerobic....sorry for all the questions!

thanks!
Ali

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    I was wondering if sit ups burn calories....I noticed that they only show up under strength and show no cal's burned....I've been doing them for about 5 mins each night and I sweat big time...I do the ones where you pump your legs like riding a bike....sorry lol, I don't know what they are called....but just curious if any one knew.... I've also been doing cardio like dancing salsa/merengue or taebo...
    I'm putting the dancing under general and the taebo under kickboxing....or should that be aerobic....sorry for all the questions!

thanks!
    Ali
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Calories burned don't show up under Strength Training and are not included in the food calculations. You have to enter it under Cardio.

When you can't find a specific exercise, you can enter it after finding the calories burned on some useful website, like http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc.

I don't think that one actually has sit ups listed, but you could probably Google up your particular needs. :smile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    They are listed as Calisthenics. There are two (that I know of) calisthenics listed. One with vigorous effort and one with light effort. Keep up the good work.
  • juliara
    juliara Posts: 12
    Options
    you do burn calories. everything you do. i always use a heart monitor when doing any activity or excersing to see my heart rate at all times. It's my personal trainer can't work out without it. :laugh:
  • ali106
    Options
    Oh wow thank you all so much!

I do have one more question...(of course! lol) what does a heart monitor do....will it give you what you are burning and do you think its something I should invest in?! I don't have flexiblity to get out to a gym and the weather here in New England isn't great for outdoors stuff now so I'm doing lots of stuff indoors (trying to anyway) ....so any advice or tips will be great!

again thank you all so much!
    hugs,
    Ali