Saggy Skin-WARNING-NASTY belly! Will this ever tone up? :(

Options
Ok-I need some advice from ladies out there with the same problem. I have lost 90 lbs...My stomach is fine when I am standing up but recently when I have bent over I have been FREAKING out because LOOK AT MY BELLY!!!!!!! It makes me soooo sick! So tomorrow I am starting the 30 day shred, then doing the Ripped in 30, then doing the 6 week 6 pack. If I tone this up will my skin tighten up? I am going to try to exercise this off....if it doesn't work Im afraid I will have to resort to surgery :((((((((( any advice out there? Has anyone had this bad of sagging skin and tightened it up? Try not to throw up looking at these! It looks even worse in person!

a0212d6b.jpg

7426bdf9.jpg

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't really have any advice for ya but I have to let you know it does NOT look as bad as you seem to think!!!! Even if it looks worse in person. Really. That said, congrats on the awesome weight loss! Hopefully someone will help you out a little more. :)
  • llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am having the same problem and would like to hear from others with experience. I have a feeling once more weight is lost it will eventually go away. I have been doing the 6W6P and 30 day shred, which help, but don't make it disappear.
  • CBKMom
    CBKMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that when the fat is gone from beneath the skin, the skin will then adhere to the muscles and such. Keep up with your plans to do the shred and I am sure that it will get better all the time. You are young and it will go back!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Oh, hun, your belly looks great compared to mine. Honestly, and I'm not an expert or anything, but I bet that you will tone up nicely. I bet 3 months from now you just might be back with a "WOW" photo and we will congratulate you on a job well done! Hang in there and don't give up! Congrats on your weight loss...that's awesome!!
  • amanda_mh
    amanda_mh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! Congrats on your weight loss. Have you just recently lost this much weight or have you been maintaining for a while? I don't have any experience with this personally, but I would assume that it'll just take some time for the skin to tighten up. I don't think it looks as bad as you think it does---just think of it as a testament to how hard you worked to get to your goals! Sorry I'm no help. Ab exercises will help tone up what's underneath, but it won't make belly fat or skin go away. Sticking to your healthy diet will help too.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    After having my son and dropping the weight 65 lbs, it was still saggy. I continued to drop another 15lbs, slowly and it did kind of go away not like how it was before but flat. i think you look great btw
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried anything from Beachbody? I love their videos.
    I just had a baby boy (well, 18 months ago) So I def have the saggy skin going on , the Turbo Jam and Chalean extreme workouts really helped firm up my belly. I have heard the RevABs is amazing too.
  • seb10170
    seb10170 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there

Congratulation with your weight loss, i think that you might want to refirm your ab now, try to do crunche and focus on bringing your belly buttom to your spine, try to go in a infrared saune that will help you get rid of toxin in your body, also yoga would be exellent, but dont worry it doesnt look that bad, i think you have a great body :)
  • Jadesmommy2003
    Jadesmommy2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, everyone is right, it is not as bad as you think but, I being a person who has experienced this and has body dysmorphic disorder it doesnt matter, you have to feel right. I can recommend a procedure called smart lipo. Now, it's not that you are having anything done about fat its the collagen and scar tissue that forms that tightens that up over the 3 months folloowing the procedure and the fact that it is considered non-invasive. It costs about $4-5000 for the area but no over night stay and no hospital visit. Easy procedure and it will tighten that up. That is my experience. Hope this helps.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well, everyone is right, it is not as bad as you think but, I being a person who has experienced this and has body dysmorphic disorder it doesnt matter, you have to feel right. I can recommend a procedure called smart lipo. Now, it's not that you are having anything done about fat its the collagen and scar tissue that forms that tightens that up over the 3 months folloowing the procedure and the fact that it is considered non-invasive. It costs about $4-5000 for the area but no over night stay and no hospital visit. Easy procedure and it will tighten that up. That is my experience. Hope this helps.

Is this the same thing as "TITAN"? I thought it was WAAAAY cheaper; like $800 range.
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I removed the saggy skin picture because I am embarrassed of it haha-thanks for everyones input. i appreciate it.
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I also think your stomach looks pretty decent. They say abs are made in the kitchen and not in the gym so start eating really clean. Also do lots of weight training so your body will burn more fat. I think once the last of your fat melts away, you will be quite happy. I have about a hundred pounds to lose so I will keep you updated on my stomach skin when I get there. Good luck girl :) also, once we are done having kids, we can have a tummy tuck and have brand new stomachs :)))
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Oh girl. Your stomach looks amazing.

My stomach is my major depression point these days. Everything else has shrunk and is looking much tighter but for this 28 year old who has been overweight a great portion of my life my stomach is just... unattractive.

I am currently running, walking, boxing, and doing the 30 day Shred. I am still 50lbs away from my goal weight and I am hoping as I reach a healthy weight range my stomach yuck will decrease.