What is your favorite protein bar?

Options

Replies

• victoriaamarie1330
    victoriaamarie1330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm particular to Quest, but Combat Crunch is another good brand if you are looking something else. I've really gotten into making my own though, I know what goes in it and much cheaper as well
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm particular to Quest, but Combat Crunch is another good brand if you are looking something else. I've really gotten into making my own though, I know what goes in it and much cheaper as well

Is the vita-whatever you have to buy to make them pricey though?
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah protein bars
  • jodienjayden
    jodienjayden Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    quest cccd

Yes! I love them!
  • angelaleip
    angelaleip Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is this another product placement thread for quest? If not, sorry, but its getting out of control.

no I just happen to really like them haha and you have a point, quest is getting out of control and this didn't help :P
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is hands down my favorite & I also like their White Chocolate Raspberry & Cookies & Cream.

I also like Combat Crunch's Birthday Cake.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    angelaleip wrote: »
    My personal favorites are thinkthin creamy peanut butter and quest white chocolate raspberry....

What's yours?

None, they do not fit my macros, budget or focus on real food. The taste is franken-foody and fake sugar.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Quest - chocolate chip cookie dough & the cookies n creme

Premier Protein - chocolate peanut butter?

Clif - chocolate chip. The peanut butter one is good too

Kind bars - chocolate macadamia nut

Ones I like but protein count isn't as high as the above bars..

Natute valley - almond
    Fiber one
  • derek0311
    derek0311 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pemmican made from buffalo meat and tallow
  • kj61570
    kj61570 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Lara Bar
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    angelaleip wrote: »
    My personal favorites are thinkthin creamy peanut butter and quest white chocolate raspberry....

What's yours?
    I tried a ThinkThin peanut butter bar. Never again. Horrible texture. Took one bite and threw it out.
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i'm poor - all i can afford is Pure Protein bars
    cost on sale about 62 cents a bar !!!
    quest bars in my area are $1.89

I tried really hard to like the Pure Protein bars. I just can't do it. The chocolate tastes funny, and they're gritty.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    derek0311 wrote: »
    Pemmican made from buffalo meat and tallow

I always bring lots of pemmican when playing Oregon Trail.

I like Quest Bars, but I don't buy them a lot because money :frowning:

I really like the Clif Builders bars - I have the mint ones now. Macros aren't quite as good as Quest, but they taste good and I have them for breakfast sometimes if I'm in a huge hurry.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I got a box of Victory Bars in chocolate chip cookie dough, and they are yummy.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Initially, I really liked the Quest Protein bars & still would (favorite flavors: Brownie, PB&J) but as an insulin-dependent diabetic, the Quest bars were awful for my blood sugar. One Quest bar would raise my blood sugar by 40 mg/dL and make me hungry for a 2nd one, which would lead to a 3rd and so on until I ate the whole box of 12 bars within 1 hour--at which point, my glucometer couldn't even measure what my blood sugar was due to it exceeding the range of the meter. I got seriously addicted to those Quest bars & couldn't stop eating them which led to eating a lot of other crappy food and I ended up gaining 39 pounds in 6 weeks (i.e. 39 of the 56 pounds I had previously lost). I finally got myself off of them by substituting with a Diabetic Kitchen bar which only raised my blood sugar by 15 mg/dL after eating one bar and didn't make me feel like eating more than just one. True, the Diabetic Kitchen bars don't taste as good as the Quest bars as they are less sweet but that is probably a good thing for me at this time. Nowadays, I only eat about one or two Diabetic Kitchen bars (my favorite: Vanilla Almond) per week to hold me over until I get time to prepare a decent meal--they have also been useful during all the cross-country air travel I do.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Metagenics Protein Fusion has a low carb and sugar alcohol chocolate protein bar. THE BEST EVER. Just expensive.
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I actually like the Pure Protein bars; they're a lower calorie with a higher protein and don't cost a million dollars. I don't find them gritty and they work to satisfy a sweet fix for me.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Zone Perfect, the fudge graham flavor. It's only got 14 grams of protein, but it tastes just like one of those Quaker Oats chewy chocolate chip granola bars. I like that it doesn't taste like a protein bar.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Besides quest, I like pure protein chocolate peanut butter.