Any tips

Options
So I'm trying to join the national guard to and I need to lose 3 more inches of waist and I seem to be stuck does any one have any helpful tips

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Find out your TDEE and start with a 500 calorie deficit. Measure all of your food and exercise.
  • anitaghigi
    anitaghigi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Start doing an exercise that is new. It will challenge your body.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you burn and take up running and hula hoop. You can't reduce body fat but you can train the muscles under the fat to help change your shape.
    Read about the couch 2 5k, it is a great beginners runners programme.
  • andresgalvis4
    andresgalvis4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been running 2 to 3 miles twice a day and I've kept track of my calorie intake and it's around 1450 daily I also been flipping tractor tires and the regular sit ups and push ups
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise. I love the idea of doing something new!!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to start with your diet http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside#latest

and add in exercise to build muscle (it's hard to build muscle in a deficit, but you can get some newbie gains starting out, and at the very least, maintain what's there) so that you go in as strong as possible.

Run your numbers through MFP, read my post linked above, and just get going! :)
  • Moselberry
    Moselberry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    High fiber. High protein. Pushups, airsquats & burpees during ad breaks :smile: