Easier exercise dvds for overweight and heart problems?

Options
Hi, any recommendations for exercise dvds for someone that is older (not elderly), overweight, with health problems. Something that they can keep up with, won't be too intense, but still effective.
Thanks!

Replies

• scfrost17
    scfrost17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not a DVD, but I love FitnessBlender. Its a web site and has lots of free videos. The best part is it allows you to put in your difficulty, equipment, type of workout, and/or area of focus. You have to sign up, but I don't get any emails or anything else from them. Check them out. Hasfit also has some good workout videos.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I love fitness blender and they do have lots of options, when I'm struggling, I do their low impact options. Leslie Sansone "walking" DVD's are fantastic for those starting to move with short 20 minute options for the new to exercise and longer endurance options for those that feel strong.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Walk, walk, walk. You can also pack on a weightbelt . swimming is perfect too.
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I just noticed the heart condition thing and deleted my response. Ask your doctor.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This isnt for me. Its for a relative who already walks a lot, eating already at a minimum, but weight isnt budging. Want to get her to exercise and a simple video I think would be a great beginning for her. I will check out the suggestions given thanks :)
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    dlm7507 wrote: »
    I just noticed the heart condition thing and deleted my response. Ask your doctor.
    Not extreme heart problems, but dont want her to overexert herself. All suggestions are welcomed
  • MGarcia0504
    MGarcia0504 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have heart problems (svt and my resting rate is very high). and struggled doing any cardio but started weight lifting. It's helped me lean out even though my actual weight isn't changing and I'm finding that my heart doesn't bother me as much. Weight lifting might be a good thing for your relative. Doesn't have to be anything heavy but it can benefit them in more ways than just weight loss.
  • OutdoorCamoGirl
    OutdoorCamoGirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This series might not be bad for her. I would always have her consult her physician, but see what she thinks. Not intense, but effective. And I'm not sure the severity of her heart problems, so this might even be to easy for her, but it's worth a look.

This is series 1 Episode 1, then there are more once ready

https://youtu.be/vPJKAG0mknI
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    This isnt for me. Its for a relative who already walks a lot, eating already at a minimum, but weight isnt budging. Want to get her to exercise and a simple video I think would be a great beginning for her. I will check out the suggestions given thanks :)

Unless she can (which does not sound like the case here, and is not for most people) change completely her activity level, exercise will not be the key factor in weight loss. There is no dvd workout that can accomplish this goal. She needs to reevaluate her diet, and she were she can lower her calories.
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Looks like my reply vanished. When I was 80 lbs overweight and over 60 I was concerned about overdoing it and having a heart attack or something. I used "Kettlebell Boomer" from Dragon Door. One of the best choices I've ever made.