Hello there! Looking for a few friends! Maybe other gals who lift weights?! Anyone!

Options
Good morning all,

I've been on and off of MFP for about 5 years now - LOVE it. Overall, I've lost about 30lbs and am back on here after a little break to lose about 10 more. In the past two years, I've started weight lifting and that has changed my life SO MUCH more than only cardio ever had. It's great! Looking to make a few friends, maybe women who are also into weight lifting? But open to all obviously :) It's more fun when you have a little encouragement along the way!

Thanks! :)
Jenna

Replies

• char3112
    char3112 Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Lifting weights all the way
  • Aussie_Mel
    Aussie_Mel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I'm the same on and off mfp over the last 4 years. Was going to do a bodybuilding comp earlier this year. But decided I just want to enjoy life. Need to lose the 10kg I've put on since Feb and feel good about myself again.

Mel
  • JennyB283
    JennyB283 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! :)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in maintenance but love the weight room (can't do normal lifting due to medical restrictions).
  • fanciest_Nancy
    fanciest_Nancy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey girl hey!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me too! I'm 46 F, losing about 100 lbs. I'm starting with a mix of lifting and cardio, but lifting is where my heart is. I lost 95 lbs about 7 years ago, and fell in love with weights. It gives us ladies such a terrific feeling of confidence! I also love the progression you can see, and how fast it happens. Anyway, I would love a lifting buddy :smiley:
  • jahollywood
    jahollywood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • madamse
    madamse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new but would love to make friends. I'm starting to do some weight lifting and I love it .. I would love to get super fit :) but need some motivation and friends to share advice and ideas!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hey you can add me :) I am in the middle of my weight loss with about 30 lbs to go, but I've been lifting since the beginning. I started out small and have increased strength, but I wouldn't go as far to say I lift 'heavy,' heh, but I look forward to doing that in maintenance.
  • blueberry1935
    blueberry1935 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I wanna make friends around here for support. I lift weights and do some cardio. I try to workout 3-4x a week. Im a single mom working full time and busy with my 7 years old daughter. I like going to the gym with accountability friends and working out in my home gym. I am into eating healthy and exercise. Having accountabilty friend helps me. I am hoping to make friends in this community. Feel free to add me or I can add :smile: right now I am trying to lose 10 lbs which i gained from my moving to a new house plus changed in work hours. But im back again in this game determined to focus and be consistent. Have a great day ladies.
  • JennyB283
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :)
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Add me just bought my first weight set could use all the advice I can get
  • Janabanana1128
    Janabanana1128 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I love to lift
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ive been weight training now for a couple of years and am excited to be getting ready to take the stage in November for my first bikini competition! EEK!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I've just started lifting and love it. Feel free to add me!
  • JennyB283
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • Kelseyg11
    Kelseyg11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes! Once I got over thinking that you had to be a grand-slam weight lifter to lift and enjoy it, I started doing it so much more frequently. There is nothing like blasting really powerful music in your headphones and feeling like you could move a truck (even if they're only 10lb weights-- feels like Superwoman to me!)
  • JennyB283
    Options
    Yes agreed! :)