Awesome day

Options
MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
So I've been *half-heartedly* attempting the Couch25K program because I dream of one day being a runner. I pretty much detest running. I was doing week 2 last week and was really struggling with the jogging for 90 seconds- to the point where I would cheat the last 5 or 10 or 15 seconds of it. I finished the week and looked to see what the program had in for me for week 3... and just about died when I saw it expected me to jog for 3 minutes! TWICE! I put a post on my profile to see what people thought-- if I should give it a try and know I'd fail or go back to week 2 for another couple days. It was just about split down the middle so I didn't know what to do. Even as I was walking to the track, I was debating it. Finally, I decided to just go for it and see how much I could do. As I was running for the first 3 minute segment, I focused on my feet hitting right on the beat of the song I was listening to. I thought if I could make it 2 minutes, that would be a victory. So I got close to 2 minutes and thought "I only have 1 more minute-- I can do anything for 1 minute!" So I did! And I did it again on the other 3 minute segment! I just had to share my moments of success today-- I felt like I could do just about anything after I pushed myself when I *knew* I couldn't do it.

If you choose to do it, you can do it!

Replies

• jwizzle12
    jwizzle12 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great job!!! Counting the victories, big and small, gets us through it! Keep up the good work! And thank you for sharing! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!