I love chocolate

Options
bnookst
bnookst Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2015 in Motivation and Support
I really want to lose weight, but chocolate holds me back :/ I exercise every day, but I just can't eat healthy. How to stop eating so much sugar? Thanks <3

Replies

• jenniefromtherock
    Options
    I can relate...chocolate is my kryptonite. It gets me every time
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Learn how to control it. It is not easy, but can be done.
    I have been on MFP for 3-1/2 years. For the first two months, I cut out all sweets. EVERYTHING. Then, I read a topic on here that said you can have it, basically as with all food, in moderation and work it into your calories for the day. Ever since then, I have 1 Dove dark chocolate caramel with sea salt (or a similar sized piece of chocolate, but these are my favorites) as the last thing I eat every day as a reward to myself for staying within my calorie budget for the day. It works for me. I lost over 1/2 of my body weight and have been on maintenance for almost 2 years. Key for me is allowing myself to have foods/treats I really love and working them in to my daily calories.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,141 Member
    Options
    Can you eat a portion of chocolate and be done with it, or is it EAT ALL THE CHOCOLATES? I love chocolate and I eat it, just not as much as I want and I work it into my calorie goal.
  • veephil31
    veephil31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You have to learn portion control. It's a hard thing though it can be done. Don't keep chocolate in the house. If you want it, make yourself work to get it.
  • bnookst
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Can you eat a portion of chocolate and be done with it, or is it EAT ALL THE CHOCOLATES? I love chocolate and I eat it, just not as much as I want and I work it into my calorie goal.

I eat all the chocolate I can find in my house. I can't control myself, it's horrible.
  • bnookst
    Options
    Learn how to control it. It is not easy, but can be done.
    I have been on MFP for 3-1/2 years. For the first two months, I cut out all sweets. EVERYTHING. Then, I read a topic on here that said you can have it, basically as with all food, in moderation and work it into your calories for the day. Ever since then, I have 1 Dove dark chocolate caramel with sea salt (or a similar sized piece of chocolate, but these are my favorites) as the last thing I eat every day as a reward to myself for staying within my calorie budget for the day. It works for me. I lost over 1/2 of my body weight and have been on maintenance for almost 2 years. Key for me is allowing myself to have foods/treats I really love and working them in to my daily calories.
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I don't think I can afford myself such expensive dark chocolates, but thanks for the advice! :)