Levels of Carbs, fat and protein

Options
When the plan recommends for example 220 grams Carbs, 50 Fat and 60 protein...... does it matter if the fat levels were ending up much lower, say 15 to 20. I know we are meant to get a balanced diet, but now I got rid of the chocs, ice cream, cakes, Lay's crisps etc I notice that the fat contents of my diet are going very low. Will this cause problems if I carry on like this or should I try drinking some milk to increase the fat levels?

If it doesn't harm me then to keep my diet extra low fat then I would be happier, had my cholestrol reading done earlier this year and I think the total reading was 129 on the system scale they use here.

Replies

• amanda_mh
    amanda_mh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You could always just add in some 'healthy' fat....oil, peanut butter, etc. The goal numbers that they give me for carbs and protein are off for the plan that I follow...I eat my body weight in grams of carbs/day (so only 180, not 230+) and I have a target of 114 grams of protein per day (which is much higher than this website suggests). I'd say to use the fat goal as a guideline. If you're going to add calories/fat to get closer to your goal, make sure they're good nutrients vs. nutrient void food.
  • 58rocker
    58rocker Posts: 28
    Options
    Ok, thanks Amanda for your help. I remember seeing different diets on the market some had a higher percentage of protein than others. Suppose they all help get the weight off to some degree, peanut butter doesn't sound a bad idea. Used to love that when I was a kid,,,, few years ago now!

Cheers