Need Motivation

thord
thord Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
I have been doing so good on losing the weight until the last two weeks. I am SO unmotivated and make excuses to cheat on my calories and workouts almost every day. What suggestions would you have to get me motivated again? I need some one to slap me and get me up and moving again. I feel so great when I am on track and right now I am a blob.

Replies

• hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    *SLAP* :smile: Start slow and just go and do something to get yourself moving again, I have done this before, and the gym, usually kicks my butt back into motivation.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    The more hard work you put into exercise, the less you want to cheat on your diet and mess up all your hard work! Keep up the working out and I think it will come naturally to you if you learn to make it a habit. If your exercise routine is boring you, switch it up. Do something that you consider fun for once, whatever that may be...as long as it's active and it gets your heart pumping. People think that exercising means you need to be held up in a gym, not so!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Try something new a workout you havnt done lately or before. Zumba? That is a fun one. I like strength training and fast walking. I was doing the 30 day shred but it is boring so i was lagging, so i ma switching it up everyday now to keep it interesting and that goes with food too.
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    I've recently been losing a little steam too, what helped me get back into it was have a really good workout at the gym. One really good sweat session should make you feel real good! Another thing that helped me was to write down some new goals. MFP has a blog feature so you could write a short entry about your goals for the week and try to accomplish them as best as you can!

You can do it!
  • thord
    thord Posts: 3
    Thanks! It is so hard because I am a SAHM in a VERY rural area so I am limited to my living room/sun room for workouts until the weather changes and I can get outside. It takes me over an hour and 45min to get even close to a gym. I think Zumba might be fun, do you have a DVD you would recommend?

I think I need to set some short term goals for myself so I feel a sense of accomplishment.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    I am a SAHM too. Just being more active with my son instead of staying in and watching a movie or going out and just watching him play i actively play and burn a lot of extra calories. I have Zumba Fitness dvd. I went the the dollar store on the week and and picked up 4 badminton rackets and birdies, it was so much fun we played keep the birdie up and i ended up burning over 400 calories just not exercising.
This discussion has been closed.