Hit a mini wall

Options
I'm not giving up. I can't. I'm doing this! But today is hard. I've lost 12lb in 34 days but not really feeling or seeing the results yet. It's such a huge change to my life. My life used to revolve a round food and I loved it, but not the consequences. I'm doing well and I'm NOT stopping but I'm struggling today! I only lost 2lb last week after being under my calorie goal nearly every day. My diary is public if anyone wants to look. Any words of advice greatly appreciated. Thank you

Replies

• SamanthaPeake
    SamanthaPeake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up. I can't. I'm doing this! But today is hard. I've lost 12lb in 34 days but not really feeling or seeing the results yet. It's such a huge change to my life. My life used to revolve a round food and I loved it, but not the consequences. I'm doing well and I'm NOT stopping but I'm struggling today! I only lost 2lb last week after being under my calorie goal nearly every day. My diary is public if anyone wants to look. Any words of advice greatly appreciated. Thank you

Not 34 days... 24 days x
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    2lb in a week is excellent...weight loss slows down after the first week or two..and 12lb in just over 3 weeks is great. Can't see your diary.

Sometimes its hard to notice the difference when we look at ourselves, but taking progress photos and taking measurements help to see the weight loss.

You need to find something else to revolve your life around....or develop a couple of new hobbies or stress coping strategies for when you are bored, frustrated, unhappy...something that keeps both your mind and hands occupied.

• SamanthaPeake
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My diary us now visible! Sorry. The photo is a good idea if I can get the confidence up to take it. It's just hard being at the beginning of a VERY long journey. Thank you for your support x
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
    "If it is to be, it is up to me."
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    The first two to three weeks are somewhat deceiving as you typically lose a lot right away from water loss. Then it goes slower... or truly, more realistically. I guarantee there have been changes even if you don't see them as overt.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    The first two to three weeks are somewhat deceiving as you typically lose a lot right away from water loss. Then it goes slower... or truly, more realistically. I guarantee there have been changes even if you don't see them as overt.

This. Additionally, the more weight you have to lose, the less it's going to be noticeable when you lose a "chunk". I have lost almost 50 pounds now and a visual change was not evident until around 25 pounds. Keep at it. It'll come.

• boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »

This. Additionally, the more weight you have to lose, the less it's going to be noticeable when you lose a "chunk". I have lost almost 50 pounds now and a visual change was not evident until around 25 pounds. Keep at it. It'll come.

So true! Just keep at it. People didn't notice my weight loss until I had lost around 25 lbs. Just keep at it, you are doing great!

• SamanthaPeake
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Hoping for to hit 25lb loss in 5 or 6 weeks! Really hoping to see some obvious results to keep me motivated x
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Take some photos and measurements with a tape measure. You'll be so glad you did. I only started after I'd lost about 25% of my intended weight and that's too bad. But when I have a bad week I look at the 3 1/2 inches I've lost on my waist and it makes me realize I need to be patient. And that my body is changing.
  • jpssteel21
    jpssteel21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Take some photos and measurements with a tape measure. You'll be so glad you did. I only started after I'd lost about 25% of my intended weight and that's too bad. But when I have a bad week I look at the 3 1/2 inches I've lost on my waist and it makes me realize I need to be patient. And that my body is changing.

Great advice! I actually put on 2lbs but lost an inch on my waist. Don't let the scale frustrate you. I am down over 61lbs and I only weigh myself once a month. Good luck and keep going. You WILL reach your goals!!!!